🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork disabled my financial account with no ...
Page options
ashik_ishtiaque
Community Member

Upwork disabled my financial account with no clear resolution

Hello,

Request #30513251

I have been working on Upwork since 2017 and have completed hundreds of projects, but this is the first time my financial account got disabled.

I completed a project for a client on December 9. After I delivered the project, the client checked everything and released the payment. But on Decemeber 23, the client opened a dispute falsely claiming that the project was not delivered properly, and he wanted a full refund for that. He produced no evidence to support his claim.

I was asked by Upwork support team to provide Proof of Work, to which I promptly responded. However, on December 28 Upwork Dispute Team sent me another message saying that the client wants a refund and whether I can do that or if I have any other proposal.

Unfortunately that very day I got seriously sick and had to be hospitalized. I was sick for more than a week.

On January 2, Upwork sent me another message reminding me to send a reply or they may put limits on my account. On January 9, Upwork limited my financial account. Upwork Dispute Team told me that I would need to contact the client to lift limits from my account.

As I had been sick the whole time, I could not respond to the messages. When I got home on January 9, I replied back to that Dispute Team with all the requested information. But since then, Upwork Dispute Team has gone completely silent.

It has been more than a week since my financial account has been disabled. Upwork keeps asking me to contact the client. I have sent him multiple messages, the first message dating back 8 days. He is completely unresponsive.

I have spent more than 4 hours going back and forth with Upwork Support, but nobody seems to know anything. When I contact Upwork via Phone or live chat, they say they will ask the Dispute Team to respond. The Dispute Team asks me to contact the client, while the client is totally unresponsive.

Please advise what I should do next?

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Ashik,

I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you went through and how this could have inconvenienced you. I can see that you were in touch with our support team and they have notified the team handling you case to get back to you to assist you with your concern. Please note that they should be getting back to you soon.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members