cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork disables TransferWise Borderless

fsievers
Fernando S Member Since: Jul 27, 2019
31 of 40

This sounds a bit biased thing to publish, unless you actually got your perfectly regular documents already checked and not approved and lost your money or got no response after a bunch of days, which is unusual, their support is very responsive and attentive. Personally I continue to use TransferWise and I can only recommend it to everyone.

moeensalehi
Moeen S Member Since: Feb 15, 2020
32 of 40

Hello, can somebody confirm that TW euro account numbers works in Upwork?

Upwork transfer rate from USD to TL is very bad, I want to transfer my money to TW Euro account. is it possible in Upwork?

b6a946bb
Kevin V Member Since: Nov 20, 2018
33 of 40

This sucks man!

It's 2020 and it's still the same! 

They should really consider letting Transferwise be a payment option. Freelancers who don't use USD pay an extra fee for converting their upwork earnings to their native currency. I would've thought Upwork would do something about this considering the huge fees they charge freelancers. 

1433e940
You Siang J Member Since: Sep 10, 2020
34 of 40

Hi All:
you can see my document
I hope I can help you.
**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

thanks!

bellrobert
robert b Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
35 of 40

Hi anyone got an update with whether they can withdraw to transferwise through the local bank payment option? It looks like one of the few options I can use since transferring directly to my actual local bank hasn't worked yet. Thanks

6f6e397d
ilbey U Member Since: Nov 7, 2020
36 of 40

Hİ,

I create additional payment way. 

I firstly failed. Because I didn't understand to How to do

But when ı understand how to do, I delete and re-create

My transfer was came, When I wake up

But this time, I saw " verification failed" 

What Can I do Smiley Sad((

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
37 of 40

Hi Ilbey,

Please know that Transferwise is currently not supported as a Payment Method on Upwork. You can check the available options by going to your Get Paid page (Settings > Get Paid), and clicking on the "Add method" button. You may also refer to this help article for more information on payment methods available on Upwork. 

-Joanne
Untitled
jimi008
Jamil A Member Since: May 7, 2011
38 of 40

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for letting us know that we can not add Transferwise(Global currency account - USD ACH) to withdraw payments from Upwork. In the meantime, I see that we can add Payoneer (Global payment service) - USD ACH) account to withdraw the payments into our virtual USD account.

Can you let us know what is the reason that you are not allowing the Transferwise (Multi-Currency) accounts but allowing the Payoneer (Multi-Currency) accounts?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
39 of 40

Hi Jamil,

While we are not able to confirm why the option is not available, we will make sure to inform the Community if new options become available soon. However, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team.

Untitled
robbinvs
Robbin v Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
40 of 40

I think it is not so much a matter of not being able to confirm why the option is not available, because there is no legal difference between a virtual bank account from Payoneer, TransferWise or other providers, but rather that you do not want to confirm why you are trying to block every attempt at using TransferWise.

To all freelancers and without going into detail: yes, it is possible to use TransferWise's virtual USD bank account to withdraw your earnings from Upwork, despite what staff is saying.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS