🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork dispute - Freelancers or Clients?
Page options
phuongdo
Community Member

Upwork dispute - Freelancers or Clients?

Hi guys,

I just don't know how to reach support so try to create a topic here.

I recently had a dispute raised by one of my clients. It seems that the support team took it seriously and contacted me right away with a warning to put my account on hold in 24 hours. With the same client, I wanted to log a dispute against him, I responded to the same mail thread and I can verify it showed up as a ticket under my account. But it was like 10 hours and I got no response from Upwork. Is it because I'm a freelancer, not a client?

Thanks,

Phuong

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phuong, 

I checked your account, and it doesn't look like there is a hold on your account. There is also no dispute filed against you as per checking. If you are referring to the issue concerning Ticket# 26065321, please know that this has already been resolved on 19-July. 

If you need further assistance, let me know so that the team can look into this issue further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Phuong D wrote:

Hi guys,

I recently had a dispute raised by one of my clients. It seems that the support team took it seriously and contacted me right away with a warning to put my account on hold in 24 hours. With the same client, I wanted to log a dispute against him, I responded to the same mail thread and I can verify it showed up as a ticket under my account.

If your account was put on hold that does not sound like a dispute, it sounds like a terms of service violation.

What actually happened?

If there is a proper dispute then there is no need to "raise a dispute" because you are already in a dispute.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phuong, 

I checked your account, and it doesn't look like there is a hold on your account. There is also no dispute filed against you as per checking. If you are referring to the issue concerning Ticket# 26065321, please know that this has already been resolved on 19-July. 

If you need further assistance, let me know so that the team can look into this issue further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths