🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork dispute money never arrived
Page options
juanbiet
Community Member

Upwork dispute money never arrived

Hi. A week ago I asked why didn't my dispute money that Upwork agreed on paying arrive. I was told that someond would contact me but that never happened. I need an answer, please.
24 REPLIES 24
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
juanbiet
Community Member

Hi,

This is my third time posting the same issue. I've been already told two times that someone would "look into it" and then contact me 24-48 hours later. Nobody ever contacted me again and I'm starting to get tired of this.

I need a clear response for the issue I'm having trouble with. I hope that this time, Upwork staff will not let me down.

Juan.

Hi Juan,

I understand your frustration with this. I checked your account and I can see that you`re already talking with our team on your ticket. Feel free to follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran! 

Thanks for the quick reply. The thing is no one is replying to my messages there since tuesday, so I'm left with the only possibility of trying to get someone from this community to help me. Could someone look really into it?

Hi Juan,

Rest assured, I`ve already escalated your concern to our team. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Nobody got in touch. What I'm supposed to do to get my money?

Hi Juan,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

It's the fifth time I'm told the same, and never got a reply back. I need a clear response. Thank you.

Hi Juan,

I checked the ticket, and currently, our team is reviewing the case. The team will get back to you as soon as they have more information. Thank you for your continued patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
juanbiet
Community Member

Hi Joanne, more than fifteen days have passed since I contacted UpWork to give my money back. Still, no reply. Not even one, and I'm constantly being told that "the team" is handling the situation. I need a clear response, please. Is that much to ask? Thanks.

I'm not being replied in the ticket and now even here. I can't believe this.

petra_r
Community Member

Juan B wrote:

I'm not being replied in the ticket and now even here. I can't believe this.

Nor can I, frankly...

Let me flag your post and see if that gets someone who will actually DO something, rather than promise that someone else will respond soon.... The matter was resolved weeks ago. You were told you'd get the money.

It does not take WEEKS to process.

juanbiet
Community Member

Hi Petra! 

Finally, somebody that replies in a non-bot way.

I'll be waiting for news. Thank you!

petra_r
Community Member

Juan B wrote:

Finally, somebody that replies in a non-bot way.

You're welcome, but it doesn't seem to have much any effect. Let me flag it again...

MODS? DO YOUR MAGIC PLEASE!?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Again?

Bojan S wrote:

Thank you for your patience.

What "patience?"

Why would he have to be "patient" when he was told he would be paid weeks ago? 

He isn't being "patient" by choice. He is just being ignored. He isn't being "patient" and if he was, he should not have to be.

When Upwork say that "X" will happen, it must happen in a timely manner. Why does this guy have to post time and time again just to be fed the same **beep** over and over again and then be completely ignored?

Not good enough.

Sort it already.

juanbiet
Community Member

It's so nice to know I'm not talking alone here, thank you very much Petra. The funny thing is that Upwork told me I'm not getting paid. An hilarious situation, really.

Anyways, I hope that in the future mods won't keep people waiting this way and just be clear and tell the truth. It would save much worries and time to people, which I think it's the ultimate precious thing we have.

Thanks again.
petra_r
Community Member

Juan B wrote:
The funny thing is that Upwork told me I'm not getting paid. An hilarious situation, really.

Why?

Were you not told originally that you would be? Like, weeks ago?

juanbiet
Community Member

Yes, I was told so Petra! But they told me two days ago that at the time I hadn't my account verified (I wasn't notified that that was a requirement), and so the payment didn't qualify.

So at the end, on top of a non paying client, Upwork made me lose an enormous amount of time. It was never about the money, it was about what's right, but it seems like some people have a slightly different judgment.
petra_r
Community Member

Juan B wrote:
Yes, I was told so Petra! But they told me two days ago that at the time I hadn't my account verified (I wasn't notified that that was a requirement), and so the payment didn't qualify.

Did they also show you where it says that? 

Sorry, that is outright disgusting treatment, especially after saying "We'll pay you" and then just ignoring you for weeks on end.

Upwork: If you say you'll give the guy his money, you give the guy his money. The end. 

You don't say "You will get $ XX" and then ignore him for weeks before saying "Ooops, haha, never mind, we won't give you the money because of some obscure rule we just made up and couldn't be bothered to tell you about for weeks on end either!"

You just jolly well do what you told him you'll do and beeping pay up.

It's not rocket science.

I understand that it is Upwork culture to push stuff like that out of the forum and into the ticket where the freelancer has no recourse, but if what Juan said is factually correct, then there is a need to discuss it and a need to fix it. He's been insanely patient. Someone has to stand up for him. 

juanbiet
Community Member

Now it seems that finally they will pay me. My god, I can't believe that a platform like this make users go through these rabbit holes for a few bucks.

I wanna thank you Petra for standing up for me. It really made me feel like I was being listened, so thanks for that.

I hope that nobody has to experience the same thing ever again.
petra_r
Community Member

Juan B wrote:
Now it seems that finally they will pay me.

Good.

Juan B wrote:
I wanna thank you Petra for standing up for me. It really made me feel like I was being listened, so thanks for that.

You're welcome. I get mad when I see someone's polite patience abused.

Juan B wrote:
I hope that nobody has to experience the same thing ever again.

I hope so too. This should have been sorted straight away and without anyone having to scream at them on a public forum.

If Upwork don't want things like this discussed discussed on their forum, they can simply remove the need to discuss them at all by doing what they said they would do in a timely manner.

And I feel sorry for the mods who were once again thrown under the bus, helplessly repeating the same "someone will get back to you asap" canned response, unable to actually do something, until someone got disruptive enough for someone with some sense to sit up and take notice.

Wow. Juan, I am really sorry this happened to you. I saw your original post and followed for a while, thinking they would eventually get back to you.

And then, to be told, after waiting weeks, that your not going to see the dispute money, and also this is oppisite of what you were orginally told? My gawd!

Someone give this man a medal for not going off, which would have totally been within his rights to do so.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Juan and others,

We apologize for the delay and time it took to clarify the situation in the ticket. We will address this delay internally and make sure it's avoided in the future. That said, we won't be able to share further details in the Community and I encourage Juan to refer to his ticket for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths