🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » YouTube "Shorts" Links aren't Supported for P...
Page options

YouTube "Shorts" Links aren't Supported for Profile Videos

While YouTube "Shorts" links aren't currently supported for freelancer profile intro videos, this is something that our engineers are working to fix soon. 

Meanwhile, as a workaround you should be able to replace "shorts/" with "watch?v=" in your link and the video will be added.

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

40 Comments
23870fa0
Community Member

Hello,  how do you guys solve this. I have the same issue can't upload youtube shorts link to my portfolio

LuiggiR

Hi Olatunbosun,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

a754acee
Community Member

Thank you so much, it worked!!!

biz_pro
Community Member

My link is valid.  The video is public and the monetization is turned off, as well as embedding being allowed.

Here's my video link I am trying to use: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

-Katy

Update: resolved.  Upwork doesn't like the 'shorts' links.

JoanneP

Hi Katy,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear that you encountered issues while trying to upload your video intro. I checked and it looks like it is already added to your profile successfully. Please feel free to reach out if you need any assistance. We are here to help. 

0290b75a
Community Member

Hi. I am experiencing the same problem. Kindly assist.

NikolaS

Hi Loise,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

0402dd0a
Community Member

I'm a video editor and am trying to add a short to my portfolio, the file size is bigger than 100mb so I'm going with embedding with youtube link, problem is when I add a short link it doesn't register and the "save" button stays greyed out, it's not only with this link, I've tried with other shorts and same deal

chantelboyd
Community Member

Hi I am having the same issue. I need to upload my intro video but youtube transitioned it into a "short video link" : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hPHBDGGMpnE. Please help me upload! Thanks

f1785f8c
Community Member

Yeah, it doesn't work. I tried it last week and had the same problem. Had to upload an actual video file.