🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork doesn't ask me to verify my identi...
Page options
kate_kurshakova
Community Member

Upwork doesn't ask me to verify my identity.

I've made on account on upwork but I still not receive any message to verify my account. I don't have any button or links to do that. why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Katerina,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment.

The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Katerina K wrote:

I've made on account on upwork but I still not receive any message to verify my account. I don't have any button or links to do that. why?

You haven't earned anything.

ID verification at the scale Upwork is doing it is stunningly expensive, and the vast majority (80 - over 90% depending on category) of new freelancers never win a single job or earn a single dollar, so there is little to no point ID verifying anyone until they have started earning money.

Petra R wrote:

Katerina K wrote:

You haven't earned anything.

ID verification at the scale Upwork is doing it is stunningly expensive, and the vast majority (80 - over 90% depending on category) of new freelancers never win a single job or earn a single dollar, so there is little to no point ID verifying anyone until they have started earning money.

I know that some people could to verify their account before had any earnings. Their accounts are very similar to mine. I mean their account was filled 100% and that's all they'd done

Hi Katerina,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment.

The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b77d6e49
Community Member

Upwork also doesn't ask me to verify my identity.  Can you check my profile if it needs verfication then tell me?

THANKS

Hi Asharib 

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9245d23d
Community Member

I need to verify my account pls can you help me about that??????????????

Hi Naziru,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

I got an email from Upwork that I have unsubscribed after this message I
didn't get any email from Upwork.It is kindly requested to fix this issue.
Thanks

Hi Sonia,

Could you please clarify your questions further? 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths