🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork ended contract automatically
Page options
b425c3c7
Community Member

Upwork ended contract automatically

Hello everyone

One of my fixed price contracts has been ended by upwork due to inactivity for 90 days and no payment was received for any milestone. However, I was in communication with my client and he had some personal issues so we mutually agreed to work on tis project in Feb next year. (Obviously we were not aware of this policy). Now my question is how will this contract affect my JSS? Is there a way to avoid this damage?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Farhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Farhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

No, a contract like that won't affect your JSS unless the client leaves bad private feedback (which he has no reason to do, so I'm sure you're fine).

b425c3c7
Community Member

Thank you Christine A. I am only worried about my JSS and I have read somewhere that if a contract has been ended automatically by Upwork, your JSS gets affected. Because in this case you have to refund the amount in escrow and Upwork takes this as a negative activity on the account.

It used to be the case that a contract with nothing paid would affect your JSS, but Upwork ended this quite a long time ago. (There's also a lot of misinformation in the forum these days.) 

innovating_nod96
Community Member

What if I worked on a client's work and we mutually decided we would continue after some time and this happens Upwork is asking for a refund what should I do coz the client is also not responding what should I do if I don't want lose that money that the client owe me?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members