cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork error

andreea_micu
Active

Hi everyone,

I don't know exactly the reason why, but I didn't get any notifications about some messages that a client of mine left me. I regularly checked the conversation to see if there were news from him, but I only saw his last message today. I tried to contact him immediately after, but an error occurred along the way. This afternoon, however, I tried again and I succeeded. The client told me that the project is over and there is nothing else that can be done. This will clearly affect my job success score, because I recently had another hit which made my score drop from 96% to 88, because of a bad experience with another client who kept on asking for endless revisions and I ended up working for nothing just to make sure that he was happy with the work I've done, until at some point when I reached my limits. And I had only one week left before becoming a Top Rated freelancer.

My question is, can something be done to avoid another significant drop? It's not my fault that I didn't receive any notifications or that I came across unexpected errors.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best wishes,

Andreea

2 REPLIES 2
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru

I have had the same issue which is why my clients and I only use email to correspond.  I also copy the email to messages if it's a newer client.

I suggested my client exchanging email addresses today to avoid further issues, but unfortunately, he said it was too late. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS