🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork fee for a job
Page options
alisafder
Community Member

Upwork fee for a job

hi,I have got one offer. My question is if I accept offer will I be charged 10 % or 20 %...I ask my client to pay me 501 so 10% fee is deducted.For this job I had bid 350 in total but after mutual agreement we have come to 501$.Please guide me.

Now my bid is 350 and Client has created milestone with 501.

I am confuse please guide.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ali S wrote:

Thank you very much for such a quick reply.

I have not forced the client to pay extra ... it is what I have worked for ... 

So as per my understanding once the sum of earnings go over 500 USD even it is across multiple projects / jobs only then I shall be charge for 10% upwork fee.

Am I right?

That is correct, it does not matter if it's one or more jobs, as long as they are with the same client. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ali S wrote:

hi,I have got one offer. My question is if I accept offer will I be charged 10 % or 20 %...I ask my client to pay me 501 so 10% fee is deducted.For this job I had bid 350 in total but after mutual agreement we have come to 501$.Please guide me.

Now my bid is 350 and Client has created milestone with 501.

I am confuse please guide.

Why are you confused? You basically prodded the client to pay you 501 instead of 350, I'm not sure that's a good idea, unless the client is really happy with this arrangement. If he is not, I don't want to think about the feedback he is going to leave you later on. 

If this is the first job with this client, you will pay 20% fee on 500, and 10% fee on 1 USD. Worth it?

So as per my understanding once the sum of earnings go over 500 USD even it is across multiple projects / jobs only then I shall be charge for 10% upwork fee.

Am I right?

Ali S wrote:

Am I right?

That is correct, it does not matter if it's one or more jobs, as long as they are with the same client. 

So, if I understand the math correctly, it looks like you'll pay an Upwork fee of $100.10?

$500 x 20% = $100

$1 x 10% = $0.10

Ali S wrote:

You will pay 20% on the $ 500 and 10% on the $ 1

It seems you thought you get charged 10% on a $ 501 contract.....

Petra R wrote:

Ali S wrote:

You will pay 20% on the $ 500 and 10% on the $ 1

It seems you thought you get charged 10% on a $ 501 contract.....

Yes you are right...

Ali, you would be able to drastically improve your knowledge base of how Upwork operates by reviewing far more of the information that's available within Help and Support and this Community than you evidently have.  By doing so you'll not only be assisting yourself but your Clients as well.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths