» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork fees
Page options
d_kokologianni
Community Member

Upwork fees

Hello freelancers,

I have been here for a month.

Total Credits$716.33

Upwork has taken 20% + the fee for proposals.I don't know if this will work in the future..I work as a translator-writer so I rarely have projects up to 500$.I think the money minus the fees are not good...Do you have any proposals what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
boshoffirene
Community Member

As soon as your project for one client hits the $500 mark, the perventage Upwork takes goes down to 10$. Once you reach $10,000.00 it once again goes down to 5%. 

Don't get discouraged. While I know the initial 20% is a huge chunk initially, you stop thinking in terms of what Upwork takes once you work that into your bid.

Irene B wrote:

As soon as your project for one client hits the $500 mark, the perventage Upwork takes goes down to 10$. Once you reach $10,000.00 it once again goes down to 5%. 

... for that client.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Dimitra K wrote:

Hello freelancers,

Do you have any proposals what to do?

Increase your hourly rate.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Dimitra K wrote:

Hello freelancers,

I have been here for a month.

Total Credits$716.33

Upwork has taken 20% + the fee for proposals.I don't know if this will work in the future..I work as a translator-writer so I rarely have projects up to 500$.I think the money minus the fees are not good...Do you have any proposals what to do?

I also find that most translation jobs are rather small, except of course the romance novels for 1 cent per word...;)  but many clients have ongoing translation needs, so that will built up in time. And yes, you must up your rate. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths