Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork fees

Dimitra K Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
1 of 5

Hello freelancers,

I have been here for a month.

Total Credits$716.33

Upwork has taken 20% + the fee for proposals.I don't know if this will work in the future..I work as a translator-writer so I rarely have projects up to 500$.I think the money minus the fees are not good...Do you have any proposals what to do?

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

As soon as your project for one client hits the $500 mark, the perventage Upwork takes goes down to 10$. Once you reach $10,000.00 it once again goes down to 5%. 

Don't get discouraged. While I know the initial 20% is a huge chunk initially, you stop thinking in terms of what Upwork takes once you work that into your bid.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
3 of 5

Irene B wrote:

As soon as your project for one client hits the $500 mark, the perventage Upwork takes goes down to 10$. Once you reach $10,000.00 it once again goes down to 5%. 

... for that client.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
4 of 5

Dimitra K wrote:

Hello freelancers,

Do you have any proposals what to do?

Increase your hourly rate.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
5 of 5

Dimitra K wrote:

Hello freelancers,

I have been here for a month.

Total Credits$716.33

Upwork has taken 20% + the fee for proposals.I don't know if this will work in the future..I work as a translator-writer so I rarely have projects up to 500$.I think the money minus the fees are not good...Do you have any proposals what to do?

I also find that most translation jobs are rather small, except of course the romance novels for 1 cent per word...Smiley Wink  but many clients have ongoing translation needs, so that will built up in time. And yes, you must up your rate. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS