cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork fraud

skyplat
Roman S Member Since: Jun 8, 2017
1 of 17

After blocking my account without a clear explanation of the reasons, they do not want to return the money for the connects. This fraud requires police investigation. If I paid for the service and did not receive it then this is fraud. In addition, I'm going to give a detailed comment in the press and on the pop-up resources like reddit. In the past, I was a Ekance user, it was excelent service without any problems. Sparkle proves to be amazing scoundrels.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 17

Upwork might like a current photograph of you. If the photo you are using IS current, then they are likely suspending your account because you are significantly underage. Upwork does not allow eight-year-olds to work through this site.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 17

Yeah... there's just no way that profile photo is a photo of a person who is 18 years or older.

Thus, it is a photo of a person who is not eligible to work as a freelancer on Upwork.

So you need a current photo.

If that's not a photo of you, then you need to replace it with a photo of yourself.

If, by some bizarre quirk of nature you really are that young looking, then you need to work with a photographer, a make-up artist, and a hair stylist to come up with a photo that makes you look much older.

Even if Upwork approved the photo, you would need to do that so that you would be able to be taken seriously by clients.

skyplat
4 of 17

i change photo later. But before i talking with upwork person by video. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
5 of 17

re: "i change photo later. But before i talking with upwork person by video. "

Roman:

You are not a native English speaker. Nor do you claim to be. You live in Russia and identify your English proficiency as "basic." You work as a .net programmer, so you certainly are not required to be fluent in English.

But your message is unclear to me. I will attempt to elaborate and clarify. If I get anything wrong, just let me know.

You mean to say:

"I know that my photo is incorrect. I will change my photo later. I recently went through the Upwork video-based identity verification process. I talked with an Upwork representative via video chat. Immediately after that, my account was suspended. I do not know why my account was suspended."

skyplat
6 of 17

Let's do it without demagoguery. As I understand the account is locked forever. Then the question of the return of money - and there is no answer.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
7 of 17

Just saw the new photo. It looks great.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 17

Roman, what do the TOS (that is, the contract you entered into with Upwork) say about what happens to unused membership time/connects if your account is closed for breaching that contract?

skyplat
9 of 17

You ask me? You are Community Guru noit me.

How does my contract differ from any other upwork user's contract?

skyplat
10 of 17

This situation can happen to any user and they need to know the reason does not return money for services. I was user Elance not Upwork and now i understand anxiety Elance community - Upwork destroyed Elance and Elance customers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS