Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork fraud

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 17

Putting aside the irony of accusing Upwork of fraud after being suspended for failing video verification due to using a fake profile picture, you still have connects and a custom URL, and the connects will roll over and you will be able to use them, IF Upwork reverses the suspension. If you don't think the suspension will be reversed, then you can downgrade your membership from Plus to Basic, but you probably will not get a prorated monetary refund, because Upwork never stated you will be refunded if you downgrade membership.

ETA: Valeria just stated your suspension is permanent, which I suspected, but not being an Upwork employee, I couldn't be sure of that.

Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 17

@Roman S wrote:

You ask me? You are Community Guru noit me.

How does my contract differ from any other upwork user's contract?

It doesn't.

I don't recall what that contract provision says and haven't had occasion to look it up, since I'm not facing this issue.

I assumed that you would know, since your plans to involve the media and such must center on some allegation of wrongdoing--either that Upwork breached its own contract or that its contract terms are illegal. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 17

Roman,

I'll escalate your concern to the team and they'll process a refund for you if still possible. Unfortunately, your account can't be reinstated as it was suspended because of a serious ToS violation.

~ Valeria
Upwork
skyplat
Roman S Member Since: Jun 8, 2017
14 of 17

why need write about it on board? why upwork team dont return money immediatly?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
15 of 17

@Roman S wrote:

why need write about it on board? why upwork team dont return money immediatly?

Because it's not standard procedure and Valeria is doing you the courtesy of investigating if an exception can be made for you.

Roman S Member Since: Jun 8, 2017
16 of 17

@John K wrote:

Because it's not standard procedure and Valeria is doing you the courtesy of investigating if an exception can be made for you.

yes, getting money is the standard procedure and no refund is not standard procedure and not really wanting to return. upwork likes to receive and does not really want to return - is it standart for upwork?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 17

Roman and others,

This thread has been closed from further replies. Roman, your concern will be addressed shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS