🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork freelancer in Switzerland
Page options
chiararicci08
Community Member

Upwork freelancer in Switzerland

Hello, 

my name is Chiara Ricci and I'm about to relocate in Switzerland and I'll open a sole proprietorship. Whith this legal form I won't have a Vat number because in Switzerland you don't need one if you don't reach 100000 CHF per year but I'll have to make tax declaration so I have to produce invoices. I read that if you don't have a VAT number you can just add your bank account and you'll recieve money there. But I can't understand if these money will be with or without taxes. If the money on my bank account are without taxes I can consider them already payed and I don't have to make an invoice? 

Hope that a freelancer from Switzerland will read this because I'm really afraid of making mistakes and my tax counselor doesn't know how upwork works.

Thank you

Chiara

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chiara,

Please note that Upwork is applying and remitting VAT only on its service fee, membership fee and for purchasing additional Connects, in case a freelancer from the EU doesn’t provide a valid VAT number. You’ll need to consult a local tax advisor regarding any charges that might apply to the services you provide to your clients.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths