farhan00100

Upwork fund transfer failed.

Hi Guys!

Last week I requested upwork to transfer my funds into a local bank here in Pakistan. I have been using the same bank with all the relevant details for last 12 months and receiving the remittances successfully.

I just came to know yesterday that the funds got returned stating the reason 'Internal Policy Not Reported'. When I reached out my local bank it says that Wells Fargo sent them a request to credit my account but later on they withdrew their request and called back the funds.

Upwork staff says that there is something changed with my local bank's internal policy which is denied by my local bank and they insisted that they were willing to transfer the funds but wells fargo got the funds returned.

Please advise what to do in this situation?

Thanks in advance

Farhan Patel.
3 REPLIES 3
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farhan,

I'm sorry to hear your transaction was reversed. Please continue communicating with your bank and our Finance team through your existing ticket, in order to resolve the issue with your withdrawal method.

Untitled
farhan00100

I have a ticket open for this purpose but they respond once in 24 hours. The problem is the member to which my case is assigned from outside the US therefore it must be taking time for her due to she gets connected with the finance team in US, waits for their reply and then reply back to me.

Whereas, when I generate a ticket in US working hours, they respond quickly as compare to them. Is it ok if regenerate a ticket in US working hours?

Thanks.

Hi Farhan,

Your updates are being escalated and responded to in line with our internal guidelines, so I'd like to ask you for your patience in working to resolve the issue you're having. Thank you.

Untitled