Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Upwork giving client an unfair advantage!

Highlighted
Active Member
Peter J Member Since: Nov 28, 2015
11 of 26

@Petra wrote:

"You also have the opportunity to respond to any feedback comment to offer a clarification or rebuttal. This way both the client's feedback and your response will be visible to all future clients looking at your work history"

 

Me:

If that was the case I would not have posted this thread. At the time in 2014 I was not able to respond. Sorry!

 

@Petra wrote:

"You could also have refunded and the feedback would have vanished completely."

 

Me:

The response from Upwork support July 09, 2014 13:10.

 

"Currently, feedback rating and comment cannot be removed not unless it violates our feedback policy. Even if you refund your client, feedback will still be available. You may also respond to the feedback they provided by your client or you can also talk to your client regarding your feedback score."

 

You are wrong about feedback vanishing completely. At least according to the Upwork support response. At the time in 2014 I was not able to respond to the feedback. I also talked to the client and he was not willing to discuss the feedback score. Sorry!

 


@Peter J wrote:

Petra, you are wrong.


 


Well, one of us is wrong. I don't think it's me.

 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068448-Can-I-dispute-or-remove-bad-feedback-

 

"You also have the opportunity to respond to any feedback comment to offer a clarification or rebuttal. This way both the client's feedback and your response will be visible to all future clients looking at your work history"

 

This was introduced in January or February 2014 - prior to that freelancers were able to hide comments.

 

You could also have refunded and the feedback would have vanished completely.

 

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 26

@Peter J wrote:

1) If that was the case I would not have posted this thread. At the time in 2014 I was not able to respond. Sorry!

 


2) The response from Upwork support July 09, 2014 13:10.

 

"Even if you refund your client, feedback will still be available. You may also respond to the feedback they provided by your client or you can also talk to your client regarding your feedback score."




 

1) You could have responded to the feedback had you known how.

 

2) you were misinformed about a refund not removing the feedback. It would have removed any trace of the contract from your feedback history. The rep however also told you that you can respond to the feedback....

 

It is now way too late for either option.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
13 of 26

Edited to remove double posting. I think there is a jinx on this thread.

Highlighted
Active Member
Peter J Member Since: Nov 28, 2015
14 of 26

Scott E wrote:


 

What's false about his review?

 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)


 

 

Well, the client gave me these stars.

 

Quality 3.0 (Client was raving on Skype about my high quality work)

 

Availability 2.0 (I was available 24/7 during the trial project and we had good communication on Upwork. Client gave me 5.0 for communication)

 

Deadlines 2.0 (Client never gave me a deadline other than October 2014 when his season started. I finished the trial project within one week)

 

Client said I was unable to finish a bigger project. We never agreed on a bigger project. And I told the client I was happy to discuss the bigger project after my vacation but he was not interested. Thus, the client rated me on his future expectations rather than on the agreed trial project. The trial project was finished before I took vacation.

 

What I'm unhappy about is the "Job success" rating as it's a factor now in the search rather than the star rating, which is the reason I wrote this post. Job success was less of a factor in the search one year ago. And I still don't understand why it's up to the client to flip the switch letting me respond to his review.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Matija M Member Since: Feb 4, 2013
15 of 26

Peter is clickbaiting his profile, ehehe. Not bad, not bad...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 26

I got trolled and looked too. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
17 of 26

I took a quick look at Peter's profile and the last contract I see was ended December 2014.

 

There is a contract that matches his description, but that's been closed on July 2014.

 

I see 2 possibilities here:

 

1. Peter is talking about another contract, other than the one closed in July 2014, which we don't see. Each time Peter takes a vacation, a client is unhappy. I don't recommend not going into vacations but he needs to improve this.

 

2. Interstellar. The message was posted more than one year ago but appeared today. Because black holes and different time dimmensions, People who have seen the movie will understand.

Highlighted
Active Member
Peter J Member Since: Nov 28, 2015
18 of 26

@Christian F wrote:

I took a quick look at Peter's profile and the last contract I see was ended December 2014.

There is a contract that matches his description, but that's been closed on July 2014.

I see 2 possibilities here:

1. Peter is talking about another contract, other than the one closed in July 2014, which we don't see. Each time Peter takes a vacation, a client is unhappy. I don't recommend not going into vacations but he needs to improve this.

2. Interstellar. The message was posted more than one year ago but appeared today. Because black holes and different time dimmensions, People who have seen the movie will understand.


1. It's very common to have vacation in the middle of the Summer. "Each time Peter takes vacation"? How many times have I taken vacation after finishing jobs here? Now you are silly. Also, as the client writes, the vacation was planned and communicated with the client before the trial project started.

 

2. You're a Community Leader? Perhaps you should point your comedy skills to Hollywood? I'd love to buy a ticket at your premiere. Please let me know the date.

Active Member
Peter J Member Since: Nov 28, 2015
19 of 26

LOL! Who is click baiting? Most of you who responded to this thread. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Leader
Cristian F Member Since: Jun 21, 2015
20 of 26

@Peter J wrote:

LOL! Who is click baiting? Most of you who responded to this thread. Smiley Happy


Hey Peter, you are right, thanks for replying!

 

Now I can get serious again. Can't speak for others but I got confused and therefore the jokes, because your original post missed some details.

 

I my opinion you should have said something like "this happened more than a year ago, I am writing to express an idea and maybe seek some opinions". Usually, freelancers write fresh stuff in here and I guess we all expect this, unless the original post specifies something else.

 

Back to your issue, I believe there is nothing you can do now. As far as I know you have the option to reply to that feedback and tell your version.  Your version will appear public, next to the client's feedback.

 

I know a feedback like that can upset and if that helps, I really don't see it being that bad. In my opinion, the client seems to be unhappy because he couldn't rely on your presence. In similar situations, I say that a better communication would benefit you. After all, nobody wants to hire a freelancer, work with them for say a week and then see that person leaving for 3 weeks.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS