🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork has categorised freelancers on the bas...
Page options
rajatdau
Community Member

Upwork has categorised freelancers on the basis of Badges, Would people do the same?

Hello All,

I was wondering, If upwork has set up the badges for freelancer, wouldn't it affect the TOP RATED because now TOP RATED PLUS has lower price than TOP RATED.

I intend to make Upwork a better place for Freelancers and Clients.
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Rajat J wrote:

I was wondering, If upwork has set up the badges for freelancer, wouldn't it affect the TOP RATED because now TOP RATED PLUS has lower price than TOP RATED.

Why would it? Different people have different rates. There are people with no badge who charge more than people with a badge. 

Freelancers set their own rates, based on their own criteria.

rajatdau
Community Member

I am just worried it would reduce the business for people who are not plus or veteran.

I intend to make Upwork a better place for Freelancers and Clients.

Rajat,

The more Upwork assigns titles that imply or reflect superior service quality by some freelancers, at least some freelancers without those titles will find it increasingly difficult to compete for new projects on the basis of anything other than price.

Upwork knows this and has publicly stated that retaining all of its currently-registered freelancers is not a priority. Higher quality freelancers bring in higher quality clients (and vice versa), who both generate higher fee income for Upwork and likely have far less impact proportionately in terms of Upwork spending money on resources needed to resolve problems between clients and freelancers.

Good luck!

petra_r
Community Member

Rajat J wrote:

I am just worried it would reduce the business for people who are not plus or veteran.

Only Enterprise and Business clients (and fellow freelancers) can even see the top rated plus badge.

Your average every day client doesn't even see it. They just see the top rated badge on everyone who is top rated or top rated plus.

I wouldn't worry.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members