cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork has evolved/upgraded

Ace Contributor
Lovro B Member Since: Nov 2, 2015
1 of 18

There has been some change on Upworks algorithm in last 10 days or so.

I got in last 90 days aprox. 25-30 invites and in last 10 days I got 10 which is a huge difference which is very much the same as I was getting on Elance.

Invites that I got, 90% of them were well targeted where previous ones I got were not so good,meaning I am in Web development niche and was getting something like 3D drawings invites and similar.

Also what I see is much better response to the projects I am applying to, so that is another plus.

Looks like to me that Upwork is evolving and they are really trying hard to make this platform work.

At first,since I also came from Elance 4 months ago where I was working for 3 years, Upwork as a platform did not look bright but I can confirm that there has been change on the network so the future looks much brighter.

After reading tons of negative comments and feedback, I would like to say something positive about the platform.

Good luck to all

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
2 of 18

Good stuff, Lovro!! Some people are always first to complain but the same people will never find it important to compliment.....

Your post will serve as an encouragement for hundreds if not millions. Keep up the good work and all the very BEST.

Regards,

Nikhil.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
3 of 18

Hey Lovro,

Interestingly enough, I noticed similar changes, mostly since the beginning of December. There was one day when I received probably 10 invitations, which is an absolute record . I also noticed in 'My Stats' page that my profile has been discovered much more often (the graph is rising), which indeed IS a good thing.

I don't know if it's just coincidence or some change in the algorythm, but.. it's an opportunity and I'm taking full advantage of it Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Saif Ur R Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
4 of 18

Upwork as a platform did not look bright ( Reply : Yes agree  )

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 18

Thanks for sharing, Lovro! I am glad to hear you have seen more good invitations lately and better response to your applications. We'll continue improving and hope you'll see even more success in the future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Jeferson C Member Since: Jun 11, 2015
6 of 18

I noticed that too lovro, unfortunately none of my invites are fit to my skills Smiley Sad. Hope it continues evolving and at least it comes back to where it was on oDesk.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
7 of 18

Happy for you.

Unfortunately I just posted a job and only 1 of the 10 suggested even met my criteria.

Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
8 of 18

What works this week, will change as the wind blows. The algorithms here are flawed. 10 invites this week will be 0 next week. You can't bank on it, and shouldn't. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Lovro B Member Since: Nov 2, 2015
9 of 18

Looks to me that slowly it turnes to be a good platform. When I migrated 4 months ago I can verify that Upwork then was not even close to Elance in terms of performance and stability. The approach is little bit different here and rates are higher especailly when this VAT was introduced but to be honest I dont have a problem with that. I would gladly give 15% or even 20% if on the other end service would be improved and I could see much better traction of projects awarded in general (not necessary to me) and better clients with some solid projects.

My profile was usually discovered 5 -+ 20% times and last week it was 18 which is again a huge plus so fingers crossed and keep up the good work, Upwork team. If you can improve the search algorithm and suggestions for Clients + try to get rid of the scammers so that the network becomes much more "serious", with clients really willing to pay some decent fees I believe we will be all in the end winning more.

I think that if the service is improved,there would never be the problem to get 15% or 20% of what we made to Upwork so that they can improve the system and try to match Clients with Freelancers such as Toptal does.

So far I can see huge huge improvements and system has become stable which is also very important.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
10 of 18

Funny.

Compared to Elance, and from my industry's perspective, I only see that jobs have three or four times more applicants and that the rates are rock bottom.

If this is the improved version, I wonder what Upwork looked like before Smiley Happy

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS