Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork has evolved/upgraded

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
11 of 18

Rene,

In defense of what Odesk was it wasn't anything like the changes that have happened since Upwork. I use to get tons of invites, since it changed to Upwork it is sporadic at best. 

to the OP.. I have had more invites this week then I have all year. I am not sure what has happened but I am getting quite a few invites, although we don't have the option to set ourselves to 10 hours or less anymore and the two choices aren't very good for me as all the invites have been for full time work which I am not available for. On a good note the invites fit my skill set.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 18

You're making me want to set my availability back to available just to see......

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 18

Closed a bunch of contracts, got some awesome invites, filled up my plate, and I'm back to no invites. lol

I think I read that they throttle you when you have several gigs? I suppose it's cool although I always think of what awesome jobs I'm missing out on.

If they let me work at this pace, I'm totally satisfied.

OP, 4 months was about the time it took me after the merge too.

Highlighted
Community Guru
14 of 18

oh, and I just happened to look at writing trends on Elance and web content alone is up 60% (that's crazy). Since they are sending people here, I wonder if that's got anything to do with it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
15 of 18

I'm certainly getting more invites and suggested jobs than I  have for months.  Unfortunately, most of them are not any kind of match for me.  I'm a paralegal and proofreader but getting invites for web management and translation jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Barbara W Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
16 of 18

I'm not sure if I agree that stuff is being throttled - I've had to turn down a ridiculous number of job offers since I achieved "full-time freelancer" status (that is, no time left for personal projects). Whereas, in order to build up my reputation and all that, I was having to fill out a butt-load of proposals. (I have a pretty big butt, so that number is pretty high.)

Now I get new invites almost every day, some days multiple. It's nice, but I do feel like I'm missing out a bit - but I leave my availability open for discussion just so I don't have any fear of missing out.

I don't think I've put in a single un-invited proposal in at least three weeks...

- Barbara Herrera -
Highlighted
Community Guru
17 of 18

I was getting those "10 jobs for you" emails until I filled up again. I just got an invite actually. I spoke too soon. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
18 of 18

I just saw on the opening page "facts" that they just added 1,000 more writers on UW. 

mwahhahaha I picked a good time to exit out of that category. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS