🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Anyone else getting delayed push notification...
Page options
ebsm
Community Member

Upwork iOS messenger app

Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted already but the Upwork messenger app for iOS seems to be working quite badly at the moment for the last few weeks. I receive messages that were sent hours ago,  Anyone else having a bad experience?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

I got a confirmation that our engineers are already aware of the issue with delayed push notifications and are working to fix it as soon as possible. 

We appreciate your reports and patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
grimesr
Community Member

Most of the time. I am lucky if I get a few of the messages. I just don't expect to see any messages anymore.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Chris and Robert,

Are you referring to push notifications about new messages from Upwork for Freelancers iOS App? I'll check with the team about any known issues and get back to you once I have more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It started about 12 hours ago or so. I am getting notifications from Upwork really late (sometimes 2-3 hours late). Using iPhone. All other notifications from other apps are working just fine. 

Anyone else or just me?

Hi Aziz,

I went ahead and merged your post here as I'm pretty sure, it's about the same issue. We're investigating this at the moment and will provide an update as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

I got a confirmation that our engineers are already aware of the issue with delayed push notifications and are working to fix it as soon as possible. 

We appreciate your reports and patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

This is still an issue for me and the person responding to my support ticket is claiming there was never an issue and it does not exist. However, it is acknowledged as a real issue here. When will this be fixed? It has been over a month. It is just simple push notifications that every other app gets right before the release an update.

Hi Tom,

We had issues with push notifications last week but they have already been fixed and I posted an update here:

Valeria K. wrote:

We had issues with push notifications earlier and it was recorded on our Status Page. The issue has since been fixed. Could you please let us know you you're still experiencing delays?

Since you're still experiencing the same issue let me check with the team on your ticket and we'll have somebody look into it.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am using version 1.11.0 released on 2/18/2020 and still having serious message push notification issues. We all pay a lot as freelancers for the UpWork service. We and our clients expect the app to funciton properly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members