🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork is Sending Verification Code in my...
Page options
jony878787
Community Member

Upwork is Sending Verification Code in my phone everyday !

Hi
Why Upwork keep asking almost everyday for the upwork verification code , It sends the code in my phone .
Is there a hacker in my account ?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi John,

Our team checked your account and we didn't find any signs of your account being compromised. Please note that the prompt you're seeing is an additional security measure that you enabled on your account and it will, by design, appear in certain scenarios when a user who enabled two-step verification tries to access their account and the sign-in attempt is identified by our security systems as unusual or high-risk.

While I can't share the exact factors that trigger the prompt I can assure you your account is secured, based on the information you provided and our investigation. Feel free to follow up if you have any other reasons to suspect your account has been compromised and let us know if you receive the verification codes without trying to log into your account, in which case you should update your password and we can also consider initiating a security procedure for your account.

You can find more information about the two-step verification feature in this Help article.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

Thanks for reporting this occurrence in the Community. I just sent you a private message since troubleshooting the verification prompts you reported might entail sharing private information and would like to ask you to please select the message icon in the upper-right corner and follow up, so we can continue the conversation. Thank you. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi
Can you tell me why Upwork ask me to put the Verification Code everyday ?
Is there someone want to hack my account ?

Thanks

Hi John,

Our team checked your account and we didn't find any signs of your account being compromised. Please note that the prompt you're seeing is an additional security measure that you enabled on your account and it will, by design, appear in certain scenarios when a user who enabled two-step verification tries to access their account and the sign-in attempt is identified by our security systems as unusual or high-risk.

While I can't share the exact factors that trigger the prompt I can assure you your account is secured, based on the information you provided and our investigation. Feel free to follow up if you have any other reasons to suspect your account has been compromised and let us know if you receive the verification codes without trying to log into your account, in which case you should update your password and we can also consider initiating a security procedure for your account.

You can find more information about the two-step verification feature in this Help article.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Can anyone else comment on whether/how two-factor authentication is working (or not) for them?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members