Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork is a joke of a website

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
21 of 29

I'd just borrow the cat's spray...

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
geoff55
Ace Contributor
Geoff F Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
22 of 29

I've been sprayed by a cat. It didn't get rid of the fleas and it smelt vile. I wouldn't recommend it.

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
23 of 29

There is no "treasure" at the end of this rainbow.... Fool's gold maybe!

Ron aka LanWanMan
marciolei73
Marcio L Member Since: Sep 1, 2015
24 of 29

I agree, at Elance the fee was %8,75, here is 10%, at Elance the job was finished, the client released the funds and in a few hours you could send it to paypal or  bank account, i received a payment yesterday and i only will be able to withdraw september 6? That´s a joke,an entire WEEK?I feel sorry for Elance became such this.

pedro-velez
Pedro V Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
25 of 29

Well as if it wasn't enough that the platform works poorly, now it won't even get proposals sent.
http://prntscr.com/8bi1wa

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Why do they want to rush a merge to a platform that is a nest of never ending problems?

I'm really angry at this. Like more connects will get me the jobs I've tried to get. Its not like I've wasted hours composing proposals just to see them going to who knows where.

Was I the only one getting this?

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
26 of 29

"Was I the only one getting this?"

No, check around the forums. Both freelancers AND clients are having issues.

They already had clients and freelancers from odesk. What I can't figure out is why didn't they iron out all of these kinks with the new platform BEFORE even mentioning over on Elance and trying to merge? This is just such an unprofessional way to roll out a new platform. :-(

kingcarlton
Community Leader
Carlton D Member Since: Aug 5, 2015
27 of 29

It’s beyond a JOKE now, with these log-in errors, profile mix-ups and probable security breaches. Earning here seems a potentially serious risk now, and worse still to be ‘paying for work’ on a set-up with such alarming holes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CROM, MAKE ME STRONGER!
pedro-velez
Pedro V Member Since: Aug 31, 2015
28 of 29

I'm actually very concerned for the security side of the platform. If the front-end is like this, I can only imagine (and have night-terrors doing so), what happens on the backend.

Sadly, its a step back from what every freelancing platform should be these days: user friendly and easy to work with.

adkinsbryon
Bryon A Member Since: Dec 4, 2018
29 of 29

**bleep** Upwork. It's time to stand up. Why do you need these greedy **bleep**s? Go. Get. Work! They are ripping you off. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS