🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork is askin for an app authentication but...
Page options
guenzy
Community Member

Upwork is askin for an app authentication but doesnt give me a QR Code

I have google authenticator but it needs a QR code or Key from upwork to create a code...please help, I cant withdraw my funds..

Untitled.png

11 REPLIES 11
JoanneP

Hi John Vil,

I checked, and it looks like you already chatted with one of our agents regarding your concern. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
anmido
Community Member

Hi. I have the same problem. I already have Google authenticator app but I cannot set up my Upwork account. Please help or kindly send me an email. Thanks.

Hi Michelle,

I checked and it seems that you already enabled the authenticator verification on your account. Could you please let us know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes please. I can't modify my account because it's asking for the 6-digit code. However, I can't generate the code in my authenticator app because I have not set up for Upwork yet. 

It says in the authenticator app to Scan a QR code or Enter a setup key.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for following up. In that case, one of our team members already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I have the same problem. I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to go to my "Settings" but it's asking for confirmation as I just newly use the laptop.

I can't find anyways to get the 6-digit code.
I installed Google Authenticator but I don't know where to get the QR code.

Please help.

Thanks!
- Elsie

Hi Elsie,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! Thanks! Sorry, I already solved it. 🙂 I logged in from the previous desktop I use and then changed my setting to "text verification" and it worked!
Cheers

Hi Elsie,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll go ahead and cancel the ticket creation. If further help is needed with anything, please let us know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I have the next problem. I never download app authenticator and receive QR code. But now, all devices ask me the six code. How can return back to confirm the loguin access by text message? Thanks!

Hi Kevin Jorge,

I just checked your account and see that you have already submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English