🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork is failing to charge a client after wi...
Page options
525c2c10
Community Member

Upwork is failing to charge a client after winning a dispute

Hello,

I have recently won a dispute against a client for a fixed contract. The transaction date was pending for more than 3 days, so I have contacted customer service and she informed me that they are not able to charge the client without clarfying reasons and I have to wait until the client approves it. However, I have clarified that I have had a dispute with the client and there is no chance that he responds. It is my first time to have a dispute and I am not sure if this happened to someone else before. Should not the funds in the escrow be under Upwork authority?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amany,

I checked and it looks like you have a support ticket with our team regarding this. I understand you're concerned, but I see our team has already reached out to the client on your behalf and you've also been able to update the ticket. Please allow some time for our team to review your reply and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Amany M wrote:

I have recently won a dispute against a client for a fixed contract. The transaction date was pending for more than 3 days, so I have contacted customer service and she informed me that they are not able to charge the client without clarfying reasons and I have to wait until the client approves it. 

What?

525c2c10
Community Member

Hi Petra,

The costumer service representative has informed me that the the payment has not been successfully charged from the client's end and she refused to clarify reason as it is related to the account's privacy and I have to wait for him to approve it. I am wondering if someone has the same experience as it is violating work protection agreement. Thus, anyone can initiate a contract,  ask for a refund for no reason, lose the dispute and still have the money.

petra_r
Community Member

Amany M wrote:

The costumer service representative has informed me that the the payment has not been successfully charged from the client's end

It sounds like your client never paid.

What is the client saying about it?

What kind of contract was it? Hourly or fixed rate?

How did the client pay? Can you elaborate?

What exactly do you mean when you say that you "won a dispute"? There isn't really any such thing...

525c2c10
Community Member

It was a fixed contract and the client paid 250$ in the escrow. I have delivered the work and submitted it for payment as the client did not give me a feedback. Then, after 1 week, he asked for a refund. I tried to communicate with him but he did not repond, so I initiated a dispute. At the dispute, he said that my work was totally wrong and I asked him to clarify how it was wrong then he disappeared and the mediator had to close the dispute and released the funds for me. When the transaction was pending for more than 3 days, I went back to customer service and they informed me that they are failing to charge him; however, the 250$ are still in the escrow.

Just I have to correct, the 250$ are in the total earnings not in the escrow now, but the payment is pending until the client approves it.

Hi Amany,

I checked and it looks like you have a support ticket with our team regarding this. I understand you're concerned, but I see our team has already reached out to the client on your behalf and you've also been able to update the ticket. Please allow some time for our team to review your reply and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
525c2c10
Community Member

Thanks Andrea, I am waiting for their clarification. However, I was asking for  help from members who may have had the same experience for assurance. 

tlbp
Community Member

If the money is in escrow, then there may be a waiting period before it is released. 

To be honest, your description of the sequence of events is so confusing, I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you what will happen next. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members