🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork is logging me into someone else's ...
Page options
anthony4916
Community Member

Upwork is logging me into someone else's account

Twice in a row, I entered my normal  login and password and I was logged into another individual's account. I went ahead and changed my password and after I did, the problem stopped.

I am about to send a support request to Upwork but my past experience is that they take about three days to reply so I would like to post here to find out if anyone has had similar issues or any additional advice.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your message. Could you send us a screenshot of the page that you see after you login to your Upwork account and go to this page? You can share the screenshot via a private message by clicking on my name next to this post. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your reply. I have just sent you the requested screenshot

a_lipsey
Community Member

Anthony S wrote:

Twice in a row, I entered my normal  login and password and I was logged into another individual's account. I went ahead and changed my password and after I did, the problem stopped.

I am about to send a support request to Upwork but my past experience is that they take about three days to reply so I would like to post here to find out if anyone has had similar issues or any additional advice.

Thank you

Well, that's not concerning at all. 

I hope Upwork will come back and explain what was happening and notify and of us that had our personal information breached in this. 

To be fair, is it possible that this user has a very similar login and password to myself---maybe the difference being a single character---and I mistyped.  My hope is that Upwork will advise them to edit their password as I have

Anthony S wrote:

To be fair, is it possible that this user has a very similar login and password to myself---maybe the difference being a single character---and I mistyped.  

You think you may have mistyped both your login and your password twice in a row with the exact same typo that just happened to be exactly the same as someone else's login and password?

Not likely, I agree but sometimes I've caught myself---not so much with passwords---but entering a different username. It's like a type of dyslexia where I'll transpose my username slightly and then re-enter it more than once.

Something like my username being "JohnSmith1234" and entering "JonSmith1234"

...So if that were indeed the scenario, the user would  have the same password and a slightly different user name.  Again, unlikely but possible.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths