cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork is now testing my patience.

Highlighted
Himanshu S Member Since: Jan 6, 2016
1 of 12

Stats here says I have applied for 101 jobs in 90 days and my dashboard sidebar says:

11 active candidacies

66 submitted proposals

- Have top rated badge on profile

- Placed handmade detailed proposals

- Similiar terms and pricing (even lower pricing in some cases)
- Taken tests
- Updated profolio

- communicated with lot of clients, they look convinced but they don;t award job.

It always took me only around 1 week of efforts to get a decent job at elance, but here its 2 months I didn't get a nice job.

Can anyone suggest me few tips or guide me here? 
Also do other people facing this issue even after having a great work history?

I am insecure and losing my patience here.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Marcos C Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
2 of 12

It seems like you're doing everything right to get jobs.

But, one sad truth is that Upwork can't force any client to hire you.

It should be noted that your segment (Web Design and Development) is one of the most crowded here.

You do have a very enticing profile and a relatively low price if compared to other developers, but, as I said, it all depends on the client.

If you, with 47 jobs and more than 2,000 hours logged, is upset...

Imagine me, sweating for almost two years to get 15 jobs and 6 logged hours. Man Very Happy

Highlighted
3 of 12

Hello Marcos.

We are a team of four and take mulltiple job simlutaneously thats the reason for job and horurs count.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Himanshu,

As per Upwork policies, the only person who is allowed to use the Team App is the account owner. Allowing other users to work on your contracts and log time on your Team App is a serious violation of Upwork policies and can lead to account suspension for all parties involved.

Highlighted
5 of 12

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks for reminding of the policies and I am already fully aware of it.

You can check from my history(if possible) that my account never used upwork team app for logging hours and I am not sharing my account with anybody. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
6 of 12

@Himanshu S wrote:

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks for reminding of the policies and I am already fully aware of it.

You can check from my history(if possible) that my account never used upwork team app for logging hours and I am not sharing my account with anybody. 

@vladag

If you're a team of 4, why aren't you registered as a company here? Hello Marcos.

We are a team of four and take mulltiple job simlutaneously thats the reason for job and horurs count.

Highlighted
7 of 12

Hello Mariska,

I do have a company profile associated with my freelancer profile:
https://www.upwork.com/companies/~01b02c09497b5d6867

Also I  do have plans to make my company profile as my primary face on upwork once we got some success as well as some stabiltiy here. 

Thanks.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 12

Well! 

Had I been on top of things this morning, I woulda checked to see that before jumping in! lol.. 

But then, why did Vladimir say this below then? (Only curious, not implying anything) 

As per Upwork policies, the only person who is allowed to use the Team App is the account owner. Allowing other users to work on your contracts and log time on your Team App is a serious violation of Upwork policies and can lead to account suspension for all parties involved.

Highlighted
9 of 12

I think Vladimir also missed on my company profile.

Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 12

@Himanshu S wrote:

I think Vladimir also missed on my company profile.

Well at least I can forgive myself in the lack of investigation... Smiley Wink  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS