🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork is still taking 20% from all payme...
Page options
shounenn
Community Member

Upwork is still taking 20% from all payments even though I made over 2k (It is too much!)

Hello, my name is Ljubomir. I've been on Upwork for a long time now, did plenty of jobs and always kept up and exceeded with the top.

-For an example of the issue I have with Upwork right now:
Most recent job I did for 48 dollars, Upwork took 10 dollars from it upon completion and payment.

I've read somewhere that for the first 500 dollars Upwork takes 20% and after that it is just 10% and I've made over 2k by now and it still takes 20%.

Taking 9.60$ from 48$ is OUTRAGEOUS!

I'm just wondering if someone can explain to me the logic behind this and why am I still being reduced by 20%?

Thank you so much to anyone that replies.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ljubomir O wrote:
But I still don't understand, you say per client, but for this client it still takes 20%.

That figure drops to 10% for each client if/when your total earnings with them surpass $500. 

Let's say you have 5 clients. 4 of them have paid you $300 each. But the 5th one has paid you more than $500. You will continue to pay 20% for the first four until they have paid you $500 (each), and you will pay 10% for the 5th one. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
moonraker
Community Member

It reduces to 10% after $500 earnings per client, not overall. 

But I still don't understand, you say per client, but for this client it still takes 20%.
petra_r
Community Member

Ljubomir O wrote:

Has "this client" paid you more than $500? 

Once any one given client has paid you $500, the fee for all work with THAT client (ONLY) reduces to 10%.

Ljubomir O wrote:

That figure drops to 10% for each client if/when your total earnings with them surpass $500. 

Let's say you have 5 clients. 4 of them have paid you $300 each. But the 5th one has paid you more than $500. You will continue to pay 20% for the first four until they have paid you $500 (each), and you will pay 10% for the 5th one. 

Yeah I understand now, thanks. Wanted to reply earlier before you even added this response, but had no internet.

Thank you for answering. Was just a bit annoyed so wanted to ask, had a weird day.

Thank you all.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ljubomir,

I would also like to add, that you can check out this Guide to learn more about our service fees. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Ljubomir O wrote:
Hello, my name is Ljubomir. I've been on Upwork for a long time now, did plenty of jobs and always kept up and exceeded with the top.

-For an example of the issue I have with Upwork right now:
Most recent job I did for 48 dollars, Upwork took 10 dollars from it upon completion and payment.

I've read somewhere that for the first 500 dollars Upwork takes 20% and after that it is just 10% and I've made over 2k by now and it still takes 20%.

Taking 9.60$ from 48$ is OUTRAGEOUS!

I'm just wondering if someone can explain to me the logic behind this and why am I still being reduced by 20%?

Thank you so much to anyone that replies.

You're going to have to get used to being outraged or find another source of clients. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members