🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork is too slow
Page options
fahadameer360
Community Member

Upwork is too slow

Upwork has been loading tremendously slowly for years now in all versions (Desktop and mobile; Chrome, firefox, edge and brave; mobile app and mobile browsers). Messages take ages to load. I always see the preloader, and it takes like 5 - 10 second each time. Who use preloaders in 2019? I think it's a business website, and business websites should load in milliseconds. If I was a new client, I wouldn't wait for all this time while the website loads. I think you lose a lot of customers this way. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Fahad! We'll be sure to pass it on to our product team.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50

Hi Ismail,

You can learn about API Resources and Requests here.

~Andrea
Upwork
moonraker
Community Member

It just took me 20 minutes to pay somebody because the system was so slow.

I hate to think of how many clients are just giving up.

b655c02b
Community Member

Why upwork is extremely slow. I am waiting it to load forever and it could not load, always on the page of loading. Neither 5G network or Spectrum would work. I am at Texas, USA. Other browsing activities are fine.

Hi Jiacheng,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
missodessa
Community Member

Well I just rejoined the site after making an account years ago and forgetting about it. After browsing 2 files my computer became non responsive and I had to froce reboot it. After I restarded I went to a couple of sites all seemed fine then I decided to open upwork back up and again after viewing a couple profiles my computer frozea nd I had to reboot again.

There is something wrong when a single website can freeze up an entire computer to the point it has to forcibly shut off because you cant even force close the browser window. I see form topics going back 4+ years witht he same issues and its never been fixed.

Hi Odessa,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
muhammadzubair64
Community Member

UPwork have not improved this issue till date, some time doesn't work at all and specially for downlaoding files

faheemkhan62
Community Member

Its 2023. !!!

Upwork has all the best web developers, programers and wed designers.

Earn millions in revenue.

Suspend accounts even on little naive mistakes.

Yet they could not fix their own "freelancer" website since 5 years ever since I know. 

Even childish andriod apps with heavy data loads in milliseconds. I have gone through the whole thread, Upwork representatives giving no solutions instead they just give same typical irritating replies.

This is just unbelievable how is it possible thay they are so ignorant on this most important part.

Even desktop app isnt fast enough.

Hi Faheem,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear how you feel. Could you please tell us more about the issue faced by you so that I can assist you accordingly? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
48e4f0e8
Community Member

Still terrible and slow. After trying Upwork for one day I can't see why anyone would use it

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear about this negative experience you had with the platform. Allow us to turn this experience around. Could you please tell us more information about the difficulties or issues you're experiencing on the platform? This will help us look closer into your concern and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members