🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork itself processed withdrawal which ...
Page options
bhattaraikshitiz
Community Member

Upwork itself processed withdrawal which it was not supposed to do

Upwork itself processed withdrawal which it was not supposed to do. I have attached the screenshots. I am angry at upwork has no payment method for me to add and it send the remaining balance to my bank when it was not supposed to send. Does Upwork system think $60>1000? Cat Mad Cat Mad. I want it reveresed and i get full amount Cat Mad71490298_369961613881800_2403320435912474624_n.png

11 REPLIES 11
meghsohor
Community Member

Why was my money automatically transferred to my payoneer account? How do I stop it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shafiqul, 

I am currently investigating this with the team, and I'll get back to you once we have more information about your concern. 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
stephentiu
Community Member

Why did your system processed an LFT withdrawal which is below the threshold of USD 1,000.00 and WITHOUT my authorization?

Did some engineer changed the system again? Did I missed a memo? 

Stop changing everything! Your system is now so convoluted I don't know if you already changed policies.

Also, current business model is awful. We can barely get jobs! For the past 9 months, all I received are 'ghost' invites (clients never bother hiring anyone) and no replies from applications. There are also some clients who post here and invite us to work outside, which I decline for security reasons. Why is this happening? Are you charging clients a huge amount? I'm not aware on how the system works client-side but I'm guessing experience is as terrible as what's happening to some of us freelancers. 

IF WE DON'T GET JOBS AND EARN. YOU, YES YOU UPWORK, ALSO DON'T GET PAID. 

FIX THE SYSTEM AND HELP US GET JOBS!

Hi Ian,

The reason why your funds were withdrawn to your payment method is because we can't hold funds on your account for more than 180 days.
If you have earnings on your account close to the 180 days mark (like now) they will be withdrawn trough your primary payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the reply.

The money was just a part of several Milestones that was paid last week. It's in my account just last week. The total amount is not even in 1,000 USD. 

How are we supposed to buy connects if you keep on automatically depositing our money? I prefer to leave at least $50.00 to buy those precious connects. 

Stephen

Hi Ian,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bhattarai, 

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. I have shared this with the team so that it can be investigated further. Our team will come back here once we have more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bhattarai and Shafiqul,

Your funds have been withdrawn because of your automated withdrawal schedule was set to Quarterly. This means that funds will be withdrawn from your account to your primary payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Bhattarai and Shafiqul,

Your funds have been withdrawn because of your automated withdrawal schedule was set to Quarterly. This means that funds will be withdrawn from your account to your primary payment method. Thank you.

No.

Not if they had it set to "if in excess of $ 1000" which is the case for at least 2 of the people in this thread...

Either they had (any) funds in their Upwork account for 180 days+ or there was a glitch.

If ANY of the money has sat in the Upwork account in excess of 180 days, the entire balance is withdrawn as Upwork is not a place to store money long term.

Thanks! Eaxcty my point, Petra.

The money that was automatically withdrawn from my account is less than 1,000.00 USD and it's in my account no more than 10 days from the day the client paid part of several Milestones. 

Stephen.

@Stephen, was your balance exactly zero just before the last milestone arrived? Because from a developer point of view what I see is, system needs to start counting for 180 days from a point which can only happen when your balance had been zero. So even if you had a few cents in your account, 180 days count could not be reset.

I know that this is a technicality which is not your fault at all, but I believe 180 days limit is a legal matter and UW is obviously trying to avoid consequences of legal and/or tax related issues as much as possible, which is quite understandable.

On the other hand I agree that UW has to to revise some of their processes after changes in paid connects. For example connects rollover monthly limit. Is it required any more? If there had been no rollover limit, you could have bought connects with your remaining balance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths