Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork just closed one of my contracts.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 18

Hi Vlad,

I'll follow up with the team to make sure they reply to you directly and address your questions. Please, refrain from sharing private communication in the Community.

Contract being closed doesn't affect your Job Success score in any way. You and your client still have 14 days after the contract was closed to provide your feedback which will be counted in your Job Success score

~ Valeria
Upwork
sam-sly
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
12 of 18

I am confused, you mention that the work is complete. Did you press the "submit work for payment" button?

I am a little concerned because I just accepted a fixed rate job that is prepaid/funded, the project will take a month and I agreed to submit the work on September 1. I hope UpWork doesn't decide to close it for inactivity? 

vladmorar
Ace Contributor
Vlad M Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
13 of 18

DIdn`t get the chance Samantha, since I was still waiting to see if the client wants more changes to the video I made. But I got this "warning" after 76 days so I think you shouldn`t be concerned for yours.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 18

@Vlad M wrote:

DIdn`t get the chance Samantha, since I was still waiting to see if the client wants more changes to the video I made. But I got this "warning" after 76 days so I think you shouldn`t be concerned for yours.

ah ok then yes that was the error. You must submit to the milestone and then if he wants changes, he files for revisions through the milestone. Always submit to the milestone. 

vladmorar
Ace Contributor
Vlad M Member Since: Mar 20, 2016
15 of 18

Oh,  I  understand. But despite that, support told me that I will get a request after those 2 weeks passed and I can then file of dispute. If this wasn`t the case I would of course filed the dispute or requested payment in those 2 weeks.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
16 of 18

I've just had this letter and I am still figuring out what to do. The client funded escrow with the intention of sending work, but this never materialized. I am certainly not going to dispute - there is absolutely no reason to -  but I suppose my JSS will tumble, when I refund him. Smiley Sad

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
17 of 18

Nichola, when you refund, it asks you if the job was completed successfully. I think being truthful in this case is a bad idea. I'd say "Job completed successfully."  If the client disappeared, I suppose they get the money without giving you a rating. Not sure how that works. I know when the client requests a refund, you are both given the option to provide input. If the client disappears, I'm guessing he just gets the money and the job drops out. This might actually be better than the client choosing any other option than "Job completed successfully."

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
18 of 18

@Nichola L wrote:

I've just had this letter and I am still figuring out what to do. The client funded escrow with the intention of sending work, but this never materialized. I am certainly not going to dispute - there is absolutely no reason to -  but I suppose my JSS will tumble, when I refund him. Smiley Sad

I recently had exactly the same situation and my JSS did not change at all after Upwork closed the job and I approve the refund request. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS