🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork keeps asking several times during one ...
Page options
7af42d12
Community Member

Upwork keeps asking several times during one month for ID verifications

Hello dear community,

I hope somebody could help with a constant problem I have with the upwork account. I have verified my identity few times in the past month already and identification was accepted. Now there is a pop up again to verify it. I am at a loss why it happens all over again so many times after it has already been accepted.  I have raised a support ticket this morning, but for now I have not heard anything back. Has anybody been in a similar situation?

Kind regards,

Renata

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renata,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar for looking into it. I appreciate it a lot:) It would be a weight off my shoulders to have it resolved once and for all.

Hi Renata,

We checked with the team and can confirm this is a separate process. Although it may seem that the processes are the same, they are for different purposes. On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. You may read more about it in Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification of the Upwork User Agreement.

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~Andrea
Upwork
7af42d12
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for your response. I have verified it again.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members