anima9

Upwork keeps switching to client account when clicking on my freelancer page.

I'm a freelancer, but created a client account a few months back. Everything worked as advertised until today.

I can't view my Reports, proposals, and messages as Upwork keeps switching me back to my client account. What I mean is, when I click the reports tab, the "You're not authorized to view this page" page comes up and I somehow ended up on my client account. 

I repeated this on everything and when I click "back," I would be returned to my client homepage and not my freelancer page.

I need this fixed.

To replicate this, go to your messages and click on any existing interviews or jobs. Click the "details" and it should tell you you're not authorized to view the page. When I click the tabs before I go to the messages, I can view my freelancer links fine. When I do view my messages first and click on internal links, though, that's when things start to go wrong.

And yes, I cleared my cache and whatever.

I'm assuming it's a redirect error in the messages or something.

EDIT: Here's a video. I don't care if mods take this down, but I need someone to tell me they've escalated it to someone who knows what to do.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Our engineers have released a fix for the issue. Please, refresh the page and let us know if you continue to be redirected to a wrong context.

Thanks for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
g_vasilevski

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reporting this, I will escalate your issue to our technical team and one of our team members will reach out to you, to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Methods I've tried:

Cleared cache, cookies, restarted browser, used a new browser. No use.

I'm having the same problem today ..but it is swithing to one of my client's accounts!!

Whatever page I try to access upwork just takes me to the message room and the username that appears in the top right corner is not mine but a client's name. I cannot see any message.

Seem to me a serious security issue...

actually, it doesn't happen on all pages as I said before, seems to be happening randomly, but upwork site is practically unusable to me right now.

Hi Geroge,

Thank you for reporting and I will also escalate your issue to our team as well. If you need further help from me, let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

This is what I get when I try to access some pages, you can see that the user name (which I partly masked) is not mine. If I change to my user name it just takes me to the main upwork 'find work' page.

Capture.PNG

Just noticed this morning that when I am in my Messages section as a Freelancer, and then hit the Find Work tab, it takes me to the Job section of my Client account.  When this happens I need to go into my Profile settings and switch back to my Freelancer account. 

Hi Muhammad, 

The team will reach out to you through an email to assist you with your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Kim,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with this, if you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also experiencing this issue.

Hi Darren,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you and address your concern directly via the support ticket that will be created! Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have this issue as well. 

I submitted a proposal and in the relevant message room clicked on "View details" to look at the job posting again. Then I get a screen that says: Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 17.39.41.png

and I realize that all of a sudden I am looking at my client account... 

This is the first time this has happened to me. All I did was click on the link.

i am facing same problem i am using  freelancer account but now i am facing that i am using client account and i can't send payment request and release  request.when i can send it said it goes wrong and automatically my profile goes to client account.

Well, I have to say I am relieved it's not just an isolated issue like one of your customer reps kept on insisting.

jessicasimko

Same thing is happening to me.....

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

Our engineers have released a fix for the issue. Please, refresh the page and let us know if you continue to be redirected to a wrong context.

Thanks for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I seem to be stuck in the client page. I have logged out several times and re-logged, but there seems to be no way to get back to my Freelancer account. I created the account a while ago, but never really activated it. I am in the process of updating and completing my profile, and on a help recommendation set up a client account. Now I can't get out of it. I am receiving the same error as originally reported on this issue in 2018 according the community post. Thank you Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Please go to Settings > My Info and fill out your full address. Once you`ve done this go to the bottom of the page and click on Create a New Account > New Freelancer Account. You will be able to open your freelancer profile and continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork