Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork loading as Text only

nickgeo2010
Ace Contributor
Nick G Member Since: Mar 2, 2015
1 of 7

For the past 3 days I've been unable to access Upwork correctly on my laptop - the website only loads text and no graphics, making it impossible to navigate. I've used 3 different browsers to no avail and cleared the cache on Google Chrome but nothing makes it better. Any idea what to do ? It loads like this.

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
2 of 7

@Nick G wrote:

For the past 3 days I've been unable to access Upwork correctly on my laptop - the website only loads text and no graphics, making it impossible to navigate. I've used 3 different browsers to no avail and cleared the cache on Google Chrome but nothing makes it better. Any idea what to do ? It loads like this.

Hi Nick,

Are all other sites (for example your email service) functioning normally?

The only time I have this type of problem is when my internet connection is weak.

"Certa bonum certamen"
nickgeo2010
Ace Contributor
3 of 7

Every other site loads fine. This problem has persisted as I have traveled from Florida to Texas. Ive tried it at hotels, airports, and my house, and Upwork loads the same way (text only) every time. I can't search for work in this format, so it's pretty urgent I find   a fix.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 7

If it was Upwork there would be many complains on the forums already. I guess that the common denominator here it's your laptop.

Do you use a VPN or a DNS service? I had this happening wirh meetup.com and the Google's play store when I used the Unblock-us' DNSs.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 7

What happens if you click on this:

https://assets.static-upwork.com/components/2.6.0/air.global.2.6.0.min.css

You should have your screen full of gibberish. (It's one of Upwork's CSS sheets.)

If you can't access it, you may have zeroed the problem.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
nickgeo2010
Ace Contributor
6 of 7

Yes, I cannot access that site, what is the solution?

charles_kozierok
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
7 of 7

My suggestion: Wait until tomorrow morning.

Sunday is a notorious day for intermittent outages and glitches as a lot of network gear is either brought down for servicing, or goes down unexpectedly with longer-than-normal response time. I'll bet the problem will go away on its own.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS