🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork login asks me Security Question ea...
Page options
matrixkavi
Community Member

Upwork login asks me Security Question each time I login using Opera on Windows 10

Hi There,

I noticed few weeks back that Upwork started asking me Security Question each time I try to login using same browser(Opera) and same laptop (Windows 10, Lenovo laptop) even though I enable "Remember Me". It always shows the notification "A recent sign-in to your Upwork account (*******) from an unknown device or browser." under the bell icon once I login. Is that a bug with Upwork's login feature? I am asking this because I had been using the same browser and laptop all these years while logging in to Upwork and this is the first time the security question is being asked for each login.

Cheers,

Kavitha

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kavitha, and Md,

Kavitha, this could be related to your browser settings. An option in your browser settings where all the data (cache, cookies etc) gets deleted after the browser is closed can be the cause of this. Could you please check the settings and Are you using a VPN or a proxy to access Upwork?

Md, just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review. When you're ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Let us know if you are experiencing any issues so that we can assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
munnamd26
Community Member

I want to work
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kavitha, and Md,

Kavitha, this could be related to your browser settings. An option in your browser settings where all the data (cache, cookies etc) gets deleted after the browser is closed can be the cause of this. Could you please check the settings and Are you using a VPN or a proxy to access Upwork?

Md, just to confirm that your application hasn't been submitted for a review. When you're ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Let us know if you are experiencing any issues so that we can assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members