cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork logo...where is Elance?

Ace Contributor
Meg E. T Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
1 of 11

I'm coming over from Elance. I would think as so many others are being shifted it would be important to welcome Elancers and acknowledge that Elance community can now be found on Upwork.

But the Upwork logo ONLY notes oDesk.

Someone should fix this right away.

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
2 of 11

Hi Meg, welcome on board. I am very sure Upwork team is aware of this and will alert people coming from Elance that they landed on the right place soon. It's just that the final merger is scheduled end of this month I think, so you should see what you're aiming to see in the next days hopefully.

Please don't worry, treat yourself like being home. Great oDesk & Elance users here in the community will be so happy to help you with your concerns & questions. We're supposed to call them all "Upworkers" now, but oDesk users have a better understanding of the platform in general because they've been here much longer.

You can also find the cool people from Water Cooler checking in every now and then. Lena, Vlad & Garnor to be exact.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 11

@Meg E. T wrote:

I'm coming over from Elance. I would think as so many others are being shifted it would be important to welcome Elancers and acknowledge that Elance community can now be found on Upwork.

But the Upwork logo ONLY notes oDesk.

Someone should fix this right away.

Elance is no longer, so I would think it not appropriate to have it on the logo.

The Elance community was welcomed in the Announcement forum and welcome emails and emails about the commuity forums were sent as well to all Elancers. I received one. 

Please don't let this post turn into one of those us against them or one just designed to stir up bad feelings. I think we all understand the difficulty you're going through and most of us have bent over backwards to help you adjust.

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
4 of 11

Hi Jean, I think she meant the "formerly oDesk" part of the logo which makes sense. It should read sometime in the future: "formerly oDesk & Elance". 

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
5 of 11

"Elance is no longer"

Neither's oDesk.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 11

Welcome to the rock.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
7 of 11

Elance lost money. oDesk made money. The merged corporation cannot be expected to memorialize a lost cause.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
8 of 11

I don't think they will add Elance to the logo, this is oDesk platform with a new name http://screencast.com/t/0uL9JX5Js

Ace Contributor
Meg E. T Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
9 of 11

I don't think it's memorializing a lost cause. It's a fresh thing that is still in the process. I just thought that since the Upwork logo mentions oDesk and now Elance is being redirected to Upwork, it should be somewhere on the landing page to let those who are redirected know that they are in the correct place. That's all.

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
10 of 11

A little bit of context - they added that bit to the logo specifically after a lot of people here were unhappy with the way the "transition" happened for oDesk. One day we tried to log in to oDesk and landed on a new login page, with new name, new logo (wihtout 'formerly oDesk') and new layout, with no explanation or warning that the platform is being.. erm... improved.  It basically looked like a phishing attack. They added that bit soon after the first negatvie reactions from the forum, as a form of compensation for the lack of forewarning and to reassure the users here that were still about to log in that they're on the right page. I'm sure the addition will disappear very soon.

Methinks TPTB didn't think it was necessary to do the same with Elance, as they've been preparing and discussing the move for quite some time with Elance users; plus, everyone who's coming over basically had to initiate the transition process themselves - making the chance of landing somewhere else pretty slim. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS