🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork made an unverified client drop review ...
Page options
dropeayo
Community Member

Upwork made an unverified client drop review and asked for refund even when they told me not to work

So not quite long ago, a client gave me a project and along the line the client payment method was unverified and upwork ordered me to stop working and I did.

Contacted the client and he also failed to reply ever since. Took it up to upwork community and open a ticket and they even told me I can't get my money and also stop working.

So I submitted the job for payment so as to get a reply from him and not even to get the money , asking the client to reply, now he has closed the contract, dropped a bad review and even had the urge to ask for refund. The job is 80% done and I've created the website without getting paid before he was unverified.

Well I filed a dispute as this is totally unfair whatsover, do you expect me to work with his payment unverified and even up till now his payment method is unverified ;

Totally unfair of upwork

4 REPLIES 4
dropeayo
Community Member

what? No one is really going to reply me?
petra_r
Community Member

Kariola P wrote:
what? No one is really going to reply me?

Well, Upwork didn't "make" the client leave feedback, the client left feedback.

It wasn't a good idea to request full funds for a milestone that was only partly done, if anything, you should have requested the percentage that was done.

See whether the client partakes in the dispute and take it from there.

dropeayo
Community Member

Obviously the 3 months refund thing is far approaching and I can't stand that risk from an unresponsive client
petra_r
Community Member

Kariola P wrote:
Obviously the 3 months refund thing is far approaching and I can't stand that risk from an unresponsive client

In that case, "obviously," you could have requested funds in line with the work done. If there were $ 500 in Escrow, for example, and the work was 80% done, the right thing to do would have been to request $ 400.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members