🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork manipulated my contracts without m...
Page options
a_satoshi
Community Member

Upwork manipulated my contracts without my consent!!

Hello community,

I would like to share my experience with you. This is about credibility/trust to Upwork.

I had 5 contracts (fixed price) with my client and had already completed to deliver 4 among 5 contracts.
The client decided to upgrade their plan from Upwork Basic to Upwork Business. I was informed about this with the message as the attachment. As the message says, all the existing contracts were closed and reopened with the "same term".   However, it was actualy not the same term and this maupulation was done by Upwork without prior notice and my consent.

To my client's credit and honor, they just upgraded their plan for better experience. I have no objection to that. My client and I have mutual trust.

As you may know, with fixed-price contract, your payment is automatically released 14 days after the submission.  So once you deliver it, you can obtain a right to receive the payment and this right turns into money 14 days at the latest. Only your client can negotiate the release of payment.

However, because of Upwork's manupulation, I had to request the payment for all the reopened contracts and they started to count the date from 0. For example, I was supposed to receive $213 for on 1st March for a contract, but I had to wait another for 14 days because of their manupulation. Fortunately, my client  kindly released the payment immediately after the contract was reopened and they found this issue.

The misbehavior of Upwork:
1. They manupulated my contracts (rights for the payment = my money) without prior notice and my consent.
2. They are just a platformer but disturbed a contract between me and my client.

For me, what Upwork did is almost like Google manupulates my Gmail, or Apple munupulates my files on iCloud (of course they never do so!!).

I am currently communicating with the staff of Upwork to find out why this happened.
In my opinion, this is serious issue for all freelancers. So I would like to share. I will update to you.

Thanks,
Satoshi

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Satoshi,

I shared your concerns with the rest of our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members