🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork member requires the opportunity to...
Page options
a_le_fevre
Community Member

Upwork member requires the opportunity to work.

Good Day, I trust this communication finds you safe and well. My question is this.... Can I offer my freelance skills to work for an agency, and continue with my individual freelance status ? As recently I have experienced what I would best describe as "radio silence" from the proposals I have submitted to clients.

This has resulted in the depletion of all my connects,which now prevents me from applying for any opportunities that may become available. Respectfully... perhaps Upwork could review the required purchase of connect's,and introduce a totally free solution. It would appear this is a general area of concern for many freelancers. Your feedback would be most welcome. All things good Andre.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Andre L wrote:

Can I offer my freelance skills to work for an agency, and continue with my individual freelance status ?

Sure, if you know any agency that would be interested in adding you. You just need to be careful that you're added as a non-exclusive freelancer.

Andre L wrote:

This has resulted in the depletion of all my connects,which now prevents me from applying for any opportunities that may become available. 

Then you need to buy some.

Andre L wrote:

perhaps Upwork could review the required purchase of connect's,and introduce a totally free solution..

That would completely defeat the purpose(s) of having connect in the first place.

Clients are already overwhelmed by proposals, and more people having more connects does not mean anyone is getting hired more (in fact the opposite is true) because the number of available connects does not increase the number of available jobs.

Hi Petra, firstly thank you for your response. I have noted your recommendation.. to be added as a "non-exclusive freelancer" . regarding working alongside any interested agency, many thanks. I am not in a position to factually agree, clients that have received my proposal are "overwhelmed". Surely the client deserves the maximum positive response for a project they have spent valuable time composing and made the decision to post on the Upwork platform, which is then available for all freelancers with the required amount of connects and the skills to apply. I understand your trail of thought that it will not increase the number of available jobs, but it would certainly create more choices/value for them, "the client" and more opportunity for the yet to be discovered "Alpha Freelancer" to become recognised, and build their status on this platform. Consider the option that the small loss of buying up front connects, is built in to the successful, and accepted proposal paid from the winning freelancers account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths