cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork membership or available connects drama

mohsinbhatti31
Mohsin M Member Since: May 2, 2018
1 of 3

**Edited for Community Guidelines**. We have to pay the 20% amount in each contract then why we would have to buy membership pro to remain active in upwprk. Its totally an exploitation of freelancers. We have to work hard and sacrifice our social lives in order to please or satisfy our clients and earn something to support our living expense but they are taking false benefits from our problems. What should i do either buy membership pro or not please guide me my fellows.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 3

Not exactly sure what the basis is for your specific complaint, here.

Quote: "Its totally an exploitation of freelancers. We have to work hard and sacrifice our social lives in order to please or satisfy our clients and earn something to support our living expense[.]"  By this, do you mean that you are giving up time that you would rather spend doing things other than working, in order to spend that time on... working? That is, you have to "sacrifice" social and other pleasurable-to-you time in order to "please clients" and to "earn"? Ummm... That's pretty much the whole idea of WORK. You swap your time for money. The client needs your skills, but has to offer payment as an inducement to you, in order for you to provide those skills to him/her. That's what makes it work rather than, say, play or vacation or a hobby or fun-filled gossip time at the beach with French fries and frozen custard.

Quote:  "but they are taking false benefits from our problems."  I don't even understand this. What are "false benefits"? (This is not a generally recognized term, nor a readily understandable one.) And what are "our problems," in the context of this discussion? I thought that you were discussing work. Sure, work isn't always what I am most eager to do, on any given day (see above, re need for client to bribe me with payment in order for me to provide work product), but I do not particularly define work as a "problem." And I am completely confused as to what a "false benefit" is. 

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
3 of 3

Mohsin, plenty of us who make a good portion of our living from working with clients on Upwork don't pay for the upgraded membership. There's often very little need to do so. 

I truly don't understand what you're asking, exactly. 

Advice: your introductory sentence in your profile is... not good. Don't start out talking about what you've done elsewhere online. It doesn't matter. What you can offer clients is paramount. Revise your profile and see if it doesn't help with your client-load and alleviate some of that urge you seem to have to pay for a premium membership. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS