🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork mobile client should be able to open *...
Page options
negrusti
Community Member

Upwork mobile client should be able to open *upwork.com URLs - feature request

Many other mobile applications implement such functionality - Telegram, Slack etc.
When Upwork sends us an email, *upwork.com link in it should open in the mobile application, not the browser.

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

But the Upwork mobile app is just a toy.

For me it's a useful tool and it can become more useful with the right improvements.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Gregory M wrote:

Many other mobile applications implement such functionality - Telegram, Slack etc.
When Upwork sends us an email, *upwork.com link in it should open in the mobile application, not the browser.

Mine does open in the mobile app when I hit the green "Reply" button at the bottom of the email, but I find it easier to reply to the email instead; the app is painfully slow.

negrusti
Community Member

@Christine - interesting, it is on IOS device?

Android.

NikolaS

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that this option should be available for your Mobile App. Could you please clarify which URL doesn’t work for you? Also could you please let us know which version of Mobile App you have? 

You should be able to find the Mobile App version by clicking on your profile photo in the top left corner. The version number will be visible at the bottom of your screen.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
negrusti
Community Member

Hi @Nicola, thanks for the fast response. The version is 1.43.0 (465) on Android 11.
I tested various links in Upwork emails - 
"Your contract has started" email - "Congratulations! You have a contract for" ...
Offer - "Review and Accept" ..
and many others - all of them are opening the Upwork login page in mobile browser instead of opening the app.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for providing this information. I checked with the team and can confirm this is working as designed. You'll only be redirected to the mobile app instead of the web when you're replying to messages. That said, we have noted your feedback regarding this and have shared it with the team!

~Andrea
Upwork
negrusti
Community Member

@Chrisine - can you please double-check that it's not the browser that is opening for you with mobile Upwork site, but the actual app. Thanks!

negrusti
Community Member

@Nicola - I do not see any relevant intent-filters in your app manifest. Please refer to 
https://developer.android.com/training/app-links/deep-linking
and
https://developer.android.com/studio/write/app-link-indexing

negrusti
Community Member

Thanks @Andrea!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members