🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork must do more to stop profile theft
Page options
hfspeegle
Community Member

Upwork must do more to stop profile theft

My profile content has been stolen for the third time now by unscrupulous, waste-of-oxygen freelancers who never have nor never will earn a single cent on Upwork. If by some miracle, these thieves do get a job, they'll just plagiarize the assignment as they did my profile.

This issue has been a problem for too long. I've found threads on these forums highlighting this problem all the way back in 2016. Upwork should be able to promptly remove freelancers who steal others' profiles, or - better yet - don't auto-approve these losers in the first place. I should not have to search weekly to ensure my profile content has not been stolen.

Please put a stop to this, Upwork.

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heath,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the links to the profiles you're referring to. I'll be sure to escalate those accordingly and will take action as per our internal processes. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Heath,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the links to the profiles you're referring to. I'll be sure to escalate those accordingly and will take action as per our internal processes. 

Thank you.

It's time Upwork stopped asking it's freelancers to do their work for them. To do what they should be doing on a daily basis; preventing frauds from being accepted. To stop with the hand slaps and just boot them off the site. Enough already ... stop asking people like Heath to send PMs with names. We freelancers spot these frauds all the time ... we flag profiles over and over and over again, usually to no avail. How is it that Upwork can't see what we see on a daily basis?

It's time for a moratorium on auto-accepting, and do some serious housecleaning.

lysis10
Community Member

It's probably an auto-acceptedcel.

Sorry that happened to you, Heath. I would be angry too. Especially if it keeps happening.

mtngigi
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

It's probably an auto-acceptedcel.

Sorry that happened to you, Heath. I would be angry too. Especially if it keeps happening.

Especially since Upwork keeps calling this stuff an "inconvenience" .... that is most certainly not the word to describe this epidemic problem. That black hat guy who teaches people how to cheat to get accepted on Upwork ... his site is still alive and thriving.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members