cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork need to change way things works.

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
51 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

Tonya P wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

Sergio S wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

Thank you.
But I wish they change algorithm. So we don't end up wasting our connections
They could even charge more per connection but they should first fix the way it was now.

I just apply job spesificly require Adobe InDesign and I see a lot of job offer that have +50 proposal and client is idle for long time (15+ Days)
That mean upwork get 45$+ without doing anything at all  and freelencer end up spending more money on connections.

You have just explained why Upwork are not interested in changing the algorithm. Why would they change something that is giving them money, and at the same time weeding out freelancers who don't like it or can't pay the cost? They are killing two birds with one stone! It's great for them! Maybe you don't know but the platform is overcrowded and they need to make profit. So the consequences you mentioned are intended.

Yes but in long term this will be more harmful to upwork and the freelancer community.

Also with my suggestion, upwork will win more money since they charge %20.
Just make connections more expensive and don't waste them on closed jobs or other thing I mentioned.
Its quality over quantity. 

So, I have to ask, if you are such an expert in business operations that you know which changes to implement, how long they will take, and can guarantee that they will be profitable, why are you trying to find freelance gigs on Upwork? Are you an enterprise-level consultant? 

Who choose these people as  Community Guru?
**edited for Community Guidelines** Instead of suggestion something they just make problem bigger and bigger with each comment. 
I try to find freelancer gig on all platforms and I express my feeling about system on all platform but other don't have toxic community guru member like this.

I just became a guru Friday. I have just over 150 posts. Easy peasy.

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
52 of 56

Kelly B wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

Tonya P wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

Sergio S wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

Thank you.
But I wish they change algorithm. So we don't end up wasting our connections
They could even charge more per connection but they should first fix the way it was now.

I just apply job spesificly require Adobe InDesign and I see a lot of job offer that have +50 proposal and client is idle for long time (15+ Days)
That mean upwork get 45$+ without doing anything at all  and freelencer end up spending more money on connections.

You have just explained why Upwork are not interested in changing the algorithm. Why would they change something that is giving them money, and at the same time weeding out freelancers who don't like it or can't pay the cost? They are killing two birds with one stone! It's great for them! Maybe you don't know but the platform is overcrowded and they need to make profit. So the consequences you mentioned are intended.

Yes but in long term this will be more harmful to upwork and the freelancer community.

Also with my suggestion, upwork will win more money since they charge %20.
Just make connections more expensive and don't waste them on closed jobs or other thing I mentioned.
Its quality over quantity. 

So, I have to ask, if you are such an expert in business operations that you know which changes to implement, how long they will take, and can guarantee that they will be profitable, why are you trying to find freelance gigs on Upwork? Are you an enterprise-level consultant? 

Who choose these people as  Community Guru?
**edited for Community Guidelines** Instead of suggestion something they just make problem bigger and bigger with each comment. 
I try to find freelancer gig on all platforms and I express my feeling about system on all platform but other don't have toxic community guru member like this.

I just became a guru Friday. I have just over 150 posts. Easy peasy.

Oh, Kelly, you're in for it now. Wait, no, I mean, congratulations!

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
53 of 56

I don't want to work on $5 jobs either...

So I don't apply to them. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
54 of 56

Jamie F wrote:

Wow, it's almost like you have free will or something. 😉

Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
55 of 56

Tonya P wrote:

Jamie F wrote:

Wow, it's almost like you have free will or something. 😉

I know, right? 

I think I might be onto something here. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
56 of 56

Jamie F wrote:

What is this black magic you say? You mean Upwork isn't *forcing* you to bid $5? Burn the witch!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS