Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Upwork need to change way things works.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
11 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

Hi, I'm kind of new to upwork and


Okay, listen, if you don't like it here, there are many other platforms to use. You just arrived and you already want for Upwork to completely change its business model to suit your needs. Not gonna to happen.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Active Member
Ahmet S Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
12 of 56

 


Rene K wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

Hi, I'm kind of new to upwork and


Okay, listen, if you don't like it here, there are many other platforms to use. You just arrived and you already want for Upwork to completely change its business model to suit your needs. Not gonna to happen.

 




It need to change.
I earned around 2k in 2 month and 400$ paid as fee and there is ton of other people paying this much fee.
So it is ok for me to express my opinion about upwork. I'm pretty sure most of freelancer are having same problems.
I'm not asking too change fees I'm just asking to upwork change it way handles connections. Before they were free, so there wasn't this problem.  Now they cost money and most of them get wasted because of these problem I mentioned.

Also about other platfrom.
I'm already started to spend time on other platforms. 
The way things is going, upwork won't last long since there is better options out there without fees thish much high.



Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

It need to change.
I earned around 2k in 2 month and 400$ paid as fee and there is ton of other people paying this much fee.
So it is ok for me to express my opinion about upwork. I'm pretty sure most of freelancer are having same problems.
I'm not asking too change fees I'm just asking to upwork change it way handles connections. Before they were free, so there wasn't this problem.  Now they cost money and most of them get wasted because of these problem I mentioned.

Also about other platfrom.
I'm already started to spend time on other platforms. 
The way things is going, upwork won't last long since there is better options out there without fees thish much high.




Well, since Upwork is not going to last long, what would be the point in implementing your suggestions?  "Better options" are subjective. If you've found better options elsewhere, congratulations. No one is forcing you to stay on Upwork.

Active Member
Ahmet S Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
14 of 56

 


Virginia F wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

It need to change.
I earned around 2k in 2 month and 400$ paid as fee and there is ton of other people paying this much fee.
So it is ok for me to express my opinion about upwork. I'm pretty sure most of freelancer are having same problems.
I'm not asking too change fees I'm just asking to upwork change it way handles connections. Before they were free, so there wasn't this problem.  Now they cost money and most of them get wasted because of these problem I mentioned.

Also about other platfrom.
I'm already started to spend time on other platforms. 
The way things is going, upwork won't last long since there is better options out there without fees thish much high.




Well, since Upwork is not going to last long, what would be the point in implementing your suggestions?  "Better options" are subjective. If you've found better options elsewhere, congratulations. No one is forcing you to stay on Upwork.




I think this explain it. 
Also I have never seen a toxic community like this. 3 out 5 people are giving crap about people opinion and tell them go **bleep** your self if you don't like system.

chrome_2019-08-24_23-53-01.png

 

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
15 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

I think this explain it. 
Also I have never seen a toxic community like this. 3 out 5 people are giving crap about people opinion and tell them go **bleep** your self if you don't like system.

 


Surely, you must have (seen a toxic community like this)?

You are using internet.

Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
16 of 56

What does that explain, Ahmet? The ENTIRE market has been down and that has nothing to do with Upwork.

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
17 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

It need to change.
I earned around 2k in 2 month and 400$ paid as fee and there is ton of other people paying this much fee.
So it is ok for me to express my opinion about upwork. I'm pretty sure most of freelancer are having same problems.
I'm not asking too change fees I'm just asking to upwork change it way handles connections. Before they were free, so there wasn't this problem.  Now they cost money and most of them get wasted because of these problem I mentioned.

Also about other platfrom.
I'm already started to spend time on other platforms. 
The way things is going, upwork won't last long since there is better options out there without fees thish much high.


I think that the only freelancers that are having the issue with paid connects are the ones who are relying only on upwork for their source of income. Upwork can close tomorrow and they should have a backup plan. If UW is not your only source of income - it's not an issue to pay a few bucks every now and then if you see a really interesting project. 

Active Member
Chirag S Member Since: May 29, 2019
18 of 56

agree if u dont like here go somewhere else.However the question which plaform in the world provides you Time and material projects.All are fixed size or contents type competitors.

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
19 of 56

Chirag S wrote:

agree if u dont like here go somewhere else.However the question which plaform in the world provides you Time and material projects.All are fixed size or contents type competitors.


there are plenty of others - freelancer, pph, fiverr, to name a few - but all of them have the same issue - each job posting gets dozens of proposals within  minutes - and  projects are rarely awarded.
UW had the biggest allotment of free connects, though - you could apply for 30 projects per month.  

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
20 of 56

oh yay another "I'm new and I want Upwork to change everything to fit my limited view so I can win all the jobs!"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS