Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork need to change way things works.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
41 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

Who choose these people as  Community Guru?
**edited for Community Guidelines** Instead of suggestion something they just make problem bigger and bigger with each comment. 
I try to find freelancer gig on all platforms and I express my feeling about system on all platform but other don't have toxic community guru member like this.

Nobody gets "chosen" to be a community guru - people get this title due to the number of posts that they've made. In fact, due to the number of your responses on this thread alone, you'll soon be called a "guru" yourself.

To be honest, I've been reading this thread and it seems like you're the angriest person here. Nobody thinks that Upwork is perfect, but when you're new to the platform and you post a thread with the title "Upwork needs to change the way things work" then you already seem confrontational. You made some suggestions and Tiffany very patiently explained to you why she thought that they wouldn't work, and you seem to have taken offence just because she didn't agree with you. If you want some advice about how to be more successful on Upwork, then there are lots of people here who can help you. But if you just want to make angry posts and insult people, then you'll get the responses that you deserve.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
42 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

Who choose these people as  Community Guru?

Nobody. After a certain number of posts, you're a Community Guru. Rant enough and you'll become one.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
43 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

I express my feeling about system on all platform

That is not what you are doing. You are not "expressing feelings" - You are demanding that Upwork "needs to.." do what you want. You are incredibly offensive in the way you express your "feelings."

Basically what you are doing is walking into a bar you've never been in and where you don't know anyone, strutting around red-faced with fury and screaming insults and obscenities **Edited for Community Guidelines** at the top of your voice at and about the bar and all the people in it.

You may want to try that in real life and see how that works out for you.

Also, remember that clients read these forums... Your conduct does not exactly recommend you.

Ahmet S Member Since: Jun 1, 2019
44 of 56

Petra R wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

That is not what you are doing. You are not "expressing feelings" - You are demanding that Upwork "needs to.." do what you want. You are incredibly offensive in the way you express your "feelings."

Basically what you are doing is walking into a bar you've never been in and where you don't know anyone, strutting around red-faced with fury and screaming insults and obscenities **Edited for Community Guidelines** at the top of your voice at and about the bar and all the people in it.

Also, remember that clients read these forums... Your conduct does not exactly recommend you.

Actually, my clients love me. I always go extra miles for work I have done. If you check my profile you see their feedback about me.
Also I didn't started it. I just tell that there is clearly a problem with the way upwork doesn't do anything about connections we spend on closed or inactive jobs.

There were some great people seems to notice this problem too and explain their thought about it and in the other hand there is some toxic member that say if you don't like it go somewhere else. 
Because of this toxic people I started to be aggressive. 

We are paying for these connection and on top of that we are paying %20 fee. 

So it is my right to criticize system or demand changes the way thing works if they aren't effective.  

Yes my English is broken and that is not something I need to be concerned about. It's not my mother language and I learned it the best way I could and still learning.

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
45 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

So it is my right to criticize system or demand changes the way thing works if they aren't effective.  

Criticize - yes. Demand changes - well, not really.  Suggest, yes. 
You see - you can demand something from the people that work for you. Or - from your elected government representative. Or from your younger brother (providing that they will listen to you, lol) Upwork shareholders can demand something from UW management. Freelancers are in no position to put any demands to UW - that's a frustrating thing, especially if implemented changes are not to our liking.  

Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
46 of 56

Ahmet S wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Ahmet S wrote:

Basically what you are doing is walking into a bar you've never been in and where you don't know anyone, strutting around red-faced with fury and screaming insults and obscenities in broken English at the top of your voice at and about the bar and all the people in it.

Actually, my clients love me. I always go extra miles for work I have done. If you check my profile you see their feedback about me.
Also I didn't started it. I just tell that there is clearly a problem with the way upwork doesn't do anything about connections we spend on closed or inactive jobs.

There were some great people seems to notice this problem too and explain their thought about it and in the other hand there is some toxic member that say if you don't like it go somewhere else. 
Because of this toxic people I started to be aggressive. 

We are paying for these connection and on top of that we are paying %20 fee. 

Yes my English is broken and that is not something I need to be concerned about. It's not my mother language and I learned it the best way I could and still learning.

It is your absolute right to criticise, this is a forum for everyone that uses the site.

You have absolutely no need to be concerned about your broken English, as it's not your first language (your English is far, far better than my Turkish...)

But, If you don't, or can't accept that this is how UpWork works having only recently joined the site, I genuinely fear that your head, in the not too distant future, will explode.

You may not like it, you may not agree with it, but UpWork is not your  company to make demands as to how it is run.

No one is saying leave the site, they are saying that if how it works makes you so upset, simply don't use it, because you're ranting is not going to change one, single, thing.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
47 of 56

Richard S wrote:

What's confusing is that you seem to feel it's your right to criticize, but that others have no right to express conflicting opinions. I'm having a hard time understanding a "right" that applies only to you, or to views you agree with.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
48 of 56

Richard S wrote:

It is your absolute right to criticise, this is a forum for everyone that uses the site.

FWIW, none of us actually has an absolute right to do anything in this privately-run forum owned by a business.

Community Guru
Richard S Member Since: Mar 12, 2019
49 of 56

Tiffany S wrote:

Richard S wrote:

FWIW, none of us actually has an absolute right to do anything in this privately-run forum owned by a business.

*Sighs*

Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
50 of 56

So, Ahmet, people are toxic when they don't agree with you. Who knew.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS