cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork never provided the payment Protection, Upwork becoming more & more risky platform for freela

bhautikvirani
Bhautik V Member Since: Apr 4, 2017
1 of 13

Hello All,

I have contract on Upwork for NodeJS application.  upwork put contract on suspended mode because of problem with credit card, At that time client out of country and its verry dicicult to contact him for at least few minutes.
Its was little amount of 420 USD for that week, i was waiting for approve my payement, but upwork initialte the refund to client without letting me know, i was recorded hours, updated the memo according to task. 

Upwork was not able to charge the client so, they put my profile under violation and revert the payment and given resone of work diry not meet the payment protection. at that time i feel that here is nothing like payment protection. upwork refused to give me payment protection, also told me that "Please contact your client, and ask for payment, he can send you as a bonus". after that they never replied my tickets.

i was contected to client and he was send me payment as bouns on 24th april 2017, so its directly goes to pending mode withour review & maximum time for that 1 week to be available for withdraw.

but now today its 4th may 2017, its been 9 day of bonus and still not available to withdraw. i asked support and again they said that 'UPWORK NOT PROVIDE PROTECTION ON BONUS, PLEASE CONTECT YOUR CLIENT" & refused to support. Support given me reson that payment not proccessed. generally upwork first cut amount from bank account and after that proccess on UPWORK, so how UPWORK not proccessed.

at both time UPWORK refused to protect my payment and adviced me to contact clinet, if every-time freelancer have to contact client for payment so why UPWORK charging (20% / 10%) for the payment protection, services & etc.

that kind of issues never when it was Odesk, Its becomming more and more wroste and risky for freelances after beign UPWORK

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 13

Get your client to PAY which to date they have not done.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 13

Hi Bhautik,

I reviewed the initial and follow up tickets regarding the reversal of funds for your Hourly contract and see our agents explained that this action was taken due to a serious violation separately discussed in a different ticket. Please follow to the instructions our team shared regarding the bonus payment and instead of submitting new tickets please refer to the information already shared in your existing conversations.

Untitled
bhautikvirani
4 of 13

Hello Vladimir, 

petra_r
Community Guru
5 of 13

Go to your Pending tab and check if there is a date against that Bonus payment, or if it just says Pending in the LEFT hand column. If there is a date, that is when you get paid. If it just says pending, then your client never PAID the bonus. They clicked it on the Upwork interface, but their payment method could not be charged so Upwork never got the money to pass on to you, which is why it is still pending. Upwork can not pay you what they have not received so get the client to pay and the whole thing is resolved.

bhautikvirani
6 of 13

Hello Petra 
Thank you for your reply. As you wrote "Upwork can not pay you what they have not received so get the client to pay and the whole thing is resolved", let me straight so its mean UPWORK NOT PROVIDING ANY KIND OF PAYMENT SECURITY.

** Edited For Community Guidelines**

so my point is whats the meaning of boast about payment protection that upwork providing 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 13

Hi Bhautik,

Please refer to the information our team shared on your ticket regarding the hours logged on your contract and why they haven't qualified for Hourly Payment Protection. I'd also like to ask you to refrain from posting any specific details in the Community in order to avoid creating confusion, since we're not at liberty to share information about accoun't specific cases in the forums.

Thank you.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 13

@Bhautik V wrote:

so my point is whats the meaning of boast about payment protection that upwork providing 

There is protection for certain things under certain conditions,

Bonuses are not included, obviously, and policiy violations invalidate certain others.

bhautikvirani
9 of 13

Hello petra 

@Petra R wrote:

There is protection for certain things under certain conditions,

Bonuses are not included, obviously, and policiy violations invalidate certain others.

Yes, Thats the point Petra Upwrok getting escaps by that points, i had asked upwork team for any proven avidance and they were not able to provide (i was asked on ticket not on this forum).  

without any resone put profile under violation and get escape from payment protection myth. Good Idea Upwork 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 13

Bhautik,

We won't be able to share details about our internal processes and how we detect violations. It may affect the efficiency of these processes. The team shared as much information with you as possible via the ticket.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS