🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork not honoring my "Not Available" settin...
Page options
dee_tanyol
Community Member

Upwork not honoring my "Not Available" setting

Hi all,

This barely qualifies as a problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has noticed something similar: I've been setting my availability to "Not Available" for the last week, with a date set sometime in the future, and yet I still keep getting invitations from clients I have never worked with before (i.e., strangers, not old clients recontacting me). For example, right now my availability isn't scheduled to go back up until March 30, yet I'm getting invitations. (In the current case, from someone who obviously wants me to write her college papers, but that's another story!)

I've reset the date several times in the last week, thinking the system just needs a kick in the tires of some sort, but no luck. Any similar experiences, or is this just an isolated case? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Denise T wrote:

Hi all,

This barely qualifies as a problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has noticed something similar: I've been setting my availability to "Not Available" for the last week, with a date set sometime in the future, and yet I still keep getting invitations from clients I have never worked with before (i.e., strangers, not old clients recontacting me). For example, right now my availability isn't scheduled to go back up until March 30, yet I'm getting invitations. (In the current case, from someone who obviously wants me to write her college papers, but that's another story!)

I've reset the date several times in the last week, thinking the system just needs a kick in the tires of some sort, but no luck. Any similar experiences, or is this just an isolated case? Thanks!

Denise, those might be clients to whose jobs you applied to in the past, who are now inviting you in relation to other jobs.

But it's a bad problem to have in any respects; the temptation to overcommit, once succumbed to, can hamper your ability to satisfy any of your many clients!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denise,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar, thank you!

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Denise T wrote:

Hi all,

Denise, those might be clients to whose jobs you applied to in the past, who are now inviting you in relation to other jobs.

But it's a bad problem to have in any respects; the temptation to overcommit, once succumbed to, can hamper your ability to satisfy any of your many clients!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members