🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork not working perfectly in Safari
Page options
b0bddd65
Community Member

Upwork not working perfectly in Safari

Most of the times Upwork doesn’t work perfectly in Safari, I tried clearing caches and history but then sometimes it work and sometimes it doesn't. When I click on any job, nothing happen... I have to open it in a new tap and then I was able to see the full description of the job. 

Now, I have switched to Chrome browser, and it's working perfectly. But, I like Safari more 😞 

Regards

Rahul 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
ArjayM

Hi Rahul,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b0bddd65
Community Member

This is not a problem that I face on daily basis, it's like once in a week or month. I have latest version of the browsers. I never faced this issue in Googel Chrome, but faced this issue miltiple times in Apple Safari. 

I also tried clearing caches and cookies, sometime it helps and sometimes it doesn't work. 

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
tarrier-design
Community Member

It has been happening to me for many months... maybe a year now. 

BUT... I am so use to "opening jobs in a new tab", that it does not bother me anymore.
 In some ways it helps me, as I open 3-4 jobs that i may apply for, and can then compare then. 

I can feel you 😢 

Going through the same thing.

bf34a051
Community Member

I totally agree! Safari works horribly. Jobs don't open, I can't take a milestone, I can't change any information in my profile.
Chrome works fine, no problems at all. But I want to use safari.

cf851edd
Community Member

mines so random all the time now!

Hmmm can't seem to attach the photo example

Hi Jody, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? 

Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
researchediting
Community Member

I don't recall any Upwork-specific problems when I was using Safari to work. In general, I have a large bone to pick with Apple because they don't seem to be able to keep abreast of web standards. I'm not really interested in how fast they claim their browser is. I just want it to work.

I happen to be using Chrome now for both Upwork contracts and off-platform work. That was an independent decision, unrelated to any deficiencies of Safari. I also use Chrome for other things, such as video conferencing, and some government sites. I certainly agree that Upwork should keep up with Macintosh standards; they have greatly improved in this area.  I would also say as a practical matter I am used to jumping to Chrome whenever Safari doesn't work for a particular site or service. 

rickithorpe
Community Member

I like you am also facing issues. I cannot use it to access my Work Flow jobs in queue. It just continues loading with a blank screen 😞

Hi Ricki,

I would be happy to help. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and advise you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Good morning 🙂 Please see the attached image highlighting my problem. Note: I have no issues with Chrome and I have cleared my cache a number of times over the last couple of days on Safari hoping that would fix it.
Have a great day!

Hi Ricki,

Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, I can't see the image you attached. Could you please try using this option when replying to the post to attach your screenshot? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
rickithorpe
Community Member

Sorry about that, let's try it again. 

Hi Ricki,

I can see the screenshot now. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you Nikola, I appreciate you but they were of no use. UpWork Support copy and pasted some random reply it looks like they use for everyone and told me to clear my cache when I've already stated I did so multiple times. I feel like I get nowhere with UpWork's customer service and why I reached out to the community once seeing I'm not the only one experiencing issues. Up until last week I rarely had problems with the Safari browser, but now it's been a week since it stopped working completely 😞 

Hi Ricki,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I followed up and shared the information you provide here on the thread. I also advise you to follow up with our team and share as much information as possible so that they can better assist you. 

Additionally, I would like to let you know that we only officially support the latest two versions of browsers listed here. You may want to check and possibly update your browser version. 

If you have further questions or need further assistance please feel free to follow up with our team on your ticket and they will be happy to assist you. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
magicservices
Community Member

I can't view my messages in Safari. It's really frustrating. 

Hi Loieto,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing in Safari. You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~ AJ
Upwork
jrichwilson
Community Member

I'm having this same issue. Biggest problem comes when tyring to send payments. It's annoying. I use a mac, so safari is my go-to and I use Upwork a lot. I hate having to log in with my long password on Chrome just to make payments. Please fix this. 

filmfort
Community Member

I haven't been able to use Upwork with Safari for about a year now. What is going on here? The whole site just freezes up within seconds.

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share the browser version you are using? 

Since updated browsers are safer from various cyber-attacks and identity theft, we help maintain your safety and security by only officially supporting the latest two versions of browsers shared here

~ Nikola
Upwork
dmitrijm
Community Member

I confirm, the Upwork site still is not working on my macs. Safari version is 16.5 (18615.2.9.11.4), latest. macOS is latest too – 13.4 (22F66). Cache was cleared few times. Safari and mac restarted too. But without success. Upwork via FireFox is working. But I need to use Safari. As I see Upwork do nothing during may monthes. This situation is embarrassing for Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members