🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork on hole, client doesn't understand why
Page options
ajmay
Community Member

Upwork on hole, client doesn't understand why

My contract on hold. Not me nor the client don't understand why. Everything went perfectly, now we can't continue our job. The client says that he write to support and waiting, no answer from them.

How can we find what's a problem? He says he has that kind of amount & Upwork already takes some part of the amount for the first milestone. 

I am looking for a solution.

5 REPLIES 5
joynul33
Community Member

Hang, please, I guess the issue is the identification of the payment method.

Joynul
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marianna,

I'm sorry to hear about the status of your contract. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ajmay
Community Member

Hi dear Bojan. Thanks for your response.
As I am not mistaken more than 3-4 days ago he have written to support, but didn't get a response from them yet.

If you can, please cheek my profile, I have only one suspend contract and please contact with the client.
I really enjoy working with him and want to solve the issue as soon as possible to continue the project.

Thank you.
filip_knezevic
Community Member

Marianna, thisd is a problem on client's side, associated with availability of their payment method. 

In other words, if there is no money or the client has some issues with his bank, etc, the contract is put on hold. The client should contact the Upwork support.

When I am informed that a contract is on hold, I know these two things:
- This is about the client's account; it has nothing to do with me.

- There is nothing I can do about it. The client need to work this out on his end. Upwork won't even talk to me about a client's finances or account, for privacy reasons.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths