cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork payment entry in tax books in India

Highlighted
Ronjit Kumar K Member Since: Oct 17, 2020
11 of 13

Send me my payment My Payoneer account Email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
12 of 13

Hi Ronjit,

Can you please clarify your concern so I can better assist you?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Shubham K Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
13 of 13

Hello Nitin,

I'm a qualified Chartered Accountant and would try to answer your queries here, so that anyone else who has similar queries can find it useful.

1. I have to take GST number ?

--> You are required to apply for GST registration if your turnover in a financial year exceeds INR 20 lakhs. However certain international payment gateways are asking for GSTIN for international transfers irrespective of your turnover threshold. Thus, if you are planning to receive from these payment gateways, you shall be asked to furnish a GSTIN 

2. How to show this payment is by income tax book ?

--> The receipts will be your income and you need to show it as revenue from services. You can claim expenses such as office rent, electricity bill, Telephone/WiFi bills, etc. However if you are an individual with turnover less than 50 lacs, you can opt for Section 44ADA and claim 50% rebate in your income tax filing without maintaining any books of accounts. 

3. I have to print a bill against 'upwork inc' for every payment received ?

--> No, the invoice that upwork is generating on your behalf is sufficient documentation, you are not required to re-do the invoices again.

Hope my answers are helpful, if you have further doubts, you can send me a DM here. Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS