cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork payment processing delays

abduloare
Abdulkerimu O Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
1 of 5

I make withdrawals from Upwork weekly and once in a while (sometimes every month), I get a delayed processing which always bounces back as a failed withdrawal. I made a withdrawal yesterday April 11th and it’s yet to be processed. I’m already guessing it’ll be refunded today or later in the week.

Upwork uses a payments company “Transfast” for local payments in Nigeria and this means that withdrawals are typically processed within 30 minutes or less. Whenever it exceeds an hour, it always bounces back to me as a failed withdrawal. 

I have repeatedly contacted the support team to address this but I always feel like I’m getting a scripted response. I feel Upwork needs to work more closely with Transfast to revolve this.

Also, I get charged $1 every time a withdrawal fails when it’s not really my fault.

Is there a process in place for escalating concerns of this nature? Is anyone else experiencing this too often?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Abdulkerimu,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you, I will share your feedback with our team.
I checked your tickets and I can see that our team has shared details with you regarding your concern. Just to confirm that our team is always looking for faster and more secure payment methods, thank you!

Untitled
abduloare
Abdulkerimu O Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
3 of 5

Thanks Goran, I understand.

I’ve decided to wait to see the outcome of the current withdrawal I made yesterday rather than raise a new ticket. But I’m still curious as to whether other freelancers are experiencing this.

river_jordan
Jordan E Member Since: Dec 18, 2019
4 of 5
Well, what I'm experiencing is similar. For over a year that I've worked with Upwork, my payments are usually processed within 30 minutes and I receive it in my acct almost immediately. Recently though, I request payments and receive it a week later.

Please note that this is not due to holidays or weekends. None of such factors are at play here.

I just raised a ticket for delay in payment I requested yesterday. I received a mail about 3 hours ago saying that it has been processed. I HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING.

I'm honestly confused as to why this has suddenly become a frequent occurrence. Makes me worried that Upwork might just decide not to pay.

Even feels like the payment processed mails are manual instead of automatic.

The ref number is 275156037
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Jordan,

I understand your frustration with this and rest assured you will receive your earnings.

Please keep in mind that  It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS